Do no overbake. Even thinking about them sends me into a spiral of never ending chocolate cravings. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Oh gosh, they’re so good! DO NOT OVER-BAKE.

minutes or until butter is melted. Mix coconut, remaining 1/2 cup pecans and remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar in same bowl. This post may include affiliate links. I’m sharing a chocolate mousse filled German chocolate cupcake recipe very soon. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla extract, pecans and coconut. Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.

disclosure policy. Once cool top with coconut pecan frosting. By combining brown sugar and butter with coconut, pecans, chocolate chips and a hint of salt, you end up with a nice, toasty crust. Let sit at room temperature until cooled. Microwave on half power until butter and chocolate are melted. Let sit at room temperature until cooled, then frost the brownies.

Pour the batter into an 8x8 pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or been lined with parchment paper.

Boy, was I wrong. If you need help, I wrote a post about how to toast coconut, so check that out if you have any questions regarding the process. Filed Under: Brownies Tagged With: chocolate, coconut, pecans.

// And don’t forget, if you make a recipe from my blog be sure to share it on social media.

In a microwave safe bowl add the butter and chocolate . 10 Comments. Stir until butter has melted and everything is combined. you don’t want to miss out! Grease and flour an 8” x 8” baking pan and set aside.

Blend in eggs and vanilla. Use a rubber spatula for the final mixing, scraping the bowl down as needed. If you did not receive an email check your spam folder.

Stir 1/2 cup of the brown sugar into chocolate until well blended. Stir in milk until well blended. Bake the brownies for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. This is not one of my usual go-to desserts, but something about the memory of this cake stayed with me and I immediately knew what I wanted to make.

Here I share the recipes my family loves.

Recently, I had a German Chocolate Cake from The Sugar Monkey, an uber bakery in West Palm Beach. Tag @saltandbaker and #saltandbaker so I can see what you’re cookin’ in your kitchen! Hint, 1 cup of chocolate chips equals 6 oz. Stir in flour and nuts.

Made with a thick and chewy chocolate brownie base, then topped with a rich and buttery (toasted) coconut pecan frosting, these brownies will have you begging for seconds. Mix in brown sugar and then the melted butter.

Let mixture sit for 5 minutes or until slightly warm but no longer piping hot.

Sunday I had a craving for something, but for the life of me, I couldn’t figure out what I wanted. Stir until smooth.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/german-chocolate-brownies

Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Butter and flour work, too.

It tastes delicious either way!

You’ll definitely want to make them! Cool completely on a cooling rack.

German-Chocolate-Cake Brownies have a brownie layer that is moist and chocolatey; but it is the top layer that makes the brownies unique. German chocolate cream cheese brownies (1967) 1960s , Vintage advertisements , Vintage dessert recipes , Vintage food & drink Note: This article may feature affiliate links to Amazon or other … Pour the brownie layer into the prepared pan. Preheat the oven to 350º. The truth is, I just want to slather the buttery coconut pecan frosting on top of everything! Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake #SundaySupper, Gooey Halloween Brownie Cups #HalloweenTreatsWeek, Halloween Brownie Pudding Parfaits #HalloweenTreatsWeek, Brownie Ice Cream Sundaes #SummerDessertWeek, 10 tablespoons (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons) unsalted butter. I personally don’t drink coffee, so I use water. It amps up the flavor and texture tremendously. Stir in flour and 1/2 cup of the … Pour the batter into an 8″x8″ square pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray or is lined with parchment paper.

Cook over medium low until comes to a low boil. It’s my weakness!

Spoon mixture evenly over brownie batter. To make the brownie batter begin by melting the butter and chocolate together.

Fortunately, German-Chocolate-Cake Brownies are not overly sweet, but rather they are the perfect combination of sweet and satisfying.

I’ve been testing all sorts of chocolate recipes.

Cook over medium heat, stirring often. Mix in eggs. Cool in pan. I use Pan Grease to grease my baking pan. Stir in the flour and salt, don’t overmix. If you love these recipes, be sure and subscribe.

I love it so much.

*I'm not a coffee drinker, so I usually use water and forgo the espresso powder.

Makes 24 fudgy brownies.

Once the butter and chocolate are melted let the mixture sit for 5 minutes or so.

Contact | Privacy/Terms of Service, 1 (4 ounce) package Baker's German's Sweet Baking Chocolate, 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided, 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, divided (optional)*. However, if your butter/chocolate mixture isn’t super hot, feel free to move ahead without letting the mixture cool slightly. I had several bags of sweetened coconut, so I suggested coconut cupcakes. I hope you give it a try! Once the mixture comes to a low boil, turn the heat down to medium-low and continue cooking until the mixture has thickened, about 3-5 more minutes.

originally published October 11, 2019 — last updated January 17, 2020 Pro tip: microwave on half power and mix every 30 seconds.

Once the brownies are cool, cut into 16-20 brownies. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. Mix in eggs and vanilla until well blended.

Add the eggs, sugar, vanilla, water (or coffee), and instant espresso (if using) and whisk to combine. Oh gosh, they’re so good! All Rights Reserved

Increase pecans to 1 cup.

Welcome to this delicious corner of the internet!