Duality’s moment like this is ‘Love Song’, which is just brilliant.

You've got to aspire to that long game.

About “Duality” “Duality” Q&A. This company sells your internet traffic to other people, meaning that other people can use your IP address and can break some of the above rules, causing you to be banned from this site. If Play-era Moby merged with peak period Groove Armada and Swedish House Mafia, the results would come close to the heights Dumont hits on Duality. ( Log Out /  I’ve already added this one to my playlist, and I wouldn’t be surprised if this quickly made it to the top of my most played. View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 2020 CD release of Duality on Discogs. [11], At the end of July 2015, he released "Ocean Drive", from the EP, Blasé Boys Club Pt. Another great track is ‘The Fear’, with vocals from Niia. Therapy - Will Easton Remix Duke Dumont, Will Easton • Therapy (Will Easton Remix) 3:11 0:30. In an interview with Billboard, Dumont said he waited so long into his career to release his first album because "it gave me an opportunity to make an album and a body of music that has an emotional impact. Think Daft Punk, but a little less robotic. Next chapter will definitely be as amazing as this one. This aside, it’s nothing too stand-out from the rest of the first half of the album, but that’s not a bad thing. 2020 Preview Editors’ Notes The UK producer’s debut LP gets remixed by RY X, Zak Abel, and more. Through 12 tracks packed into one album and one extra album, we are delivered music from some of the best in house and techno, adding some other elements that will for sure make you enjoy the pinnacle of club music through this journey. Duke Dumont selects nothing but the best to remix his latest masterpiece. If you don't think that you've There's a reason why the songs have chords and not just beats and synth lines. Released 17 April 2020 on Virgin EMI. Listen to Duality by Duke Dumont on VIBBIDI - Browse every single Songs, Tracklists, Music Videos, Remixes, Fan Covers, Live Performances, Tours, Playlists, Lyrics, Narrative Stories, News & more for free! Thousands of words have been devoted to ‘Ocean Drive’ since it’s release in 2015. There is 1:40 of RY singing over a chorus of his own harmonies and a piano beat, before an ethereal sound arrives, bringing it with nostalgic 90s-trance vibes, and consumes the next 1:40. I really enjoy it; it’s the most club-ready song on ‘Duality’. Reviewing albums, books, TV shows and films.

Enter Duke Dumont in the field Artista. Duke Dumont rode the mid-2010s wave of radio-friendly deep house into superstardom.

The soft voices of female artists Niia and Say Lou Lou help wind down some of the heaviness of the album and show a bit more of the producer’s versatility in blending lighter and higher sound with thumping beats.

I actually love the classical influences which this album has; this is compounded with the piano ‘Overture’ which follows ‘Love Song’ and sets the scene for the grand finale. Jewel Case, 12pp booklet 4/4. Let Me Go Duke Dumont, RY X • Duality. 9. Genres: Deep House, Progressive House. “The Power” with Zak Abel features an infectious deep trombone sound in the drop, and “Obey” with Roland Clark is like if “Technologic” by Daft Punk, the Pac Man arcade game, and the film They Live had a baby. It’s no surprise that this landed Duke Dumont his seventh Billboard Dance #1. Duality, an Album by Duke Dumont. If I had to hazard a guess, I would say that ‘Duality’ was structured around this song. It builds again until it collapses thirty seconds from the end, and returns to the haunting vocals over a single piano note, once every four beats. Duality arrived after over a decade's worth of EP and club compilation releases, featuring some of his most popular singles like the platinum-certified, Weeknd -esque synth-funk smash "Ocean Drive" and the propulsive "The Power" with Zak Abel. Adam George Dyment, better known by his stage name Duke Dumont, is a British DJ.

His unique throwback style is nothing but amazing.

Then it turns into an underground techno dance track, which then incorporates more strings and the words ‘Let Me Go’. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Well, it’s about to get better! ‘Therapy’. [13], Dumont's debut album, Duality, was released on 17 April 2020. The song features vocals from Sierra Leonean-born British singer A*M*E. The song has topped the UK Singles Chart and also charted in Belgium and the Netherlands. Overture Duke Dumont • Duality. Overture Lyrics. You could have been banned by mistake. In August 2014, Duke Dumont released "Won't Look Back", which reached number two on the UK Singles Chart.

Duality, an Album by Duke Dumont. "The Power" did not enter the NZ Top 40 Singles Chart, but peaked at number 37 on the NZ Hot Singles Chart. This leads straight into ‘The Power’, another single, featuring vocals from Zak Abel. You might have a buggy browser extension installed.

10. very soon. The record is Duke Dumont’s first extensive body of work (extensive as in more than about 4 tracks), so it’s fair to want to boast as much of the talent that’s at hand, but the fluffiness of the popular radio song doesn’t fit too well alongside the more fearless club mixes. In 2014, "Need U (100%)", was nominated for "Best Dance Recording" for the 56th Annual Grammy Awards. Change ), https://ryanwrites99.wordpress.com/2019/11/04/album-review-gorgon-city-escape-2018/. TRACKLISTING: Therapy; The Power (feat.

2, which were played on radio by Annie Mac and Fearne Cotton on BBC Radio 1[3] and Trevor Nelson on BBC Radio 1Xtra.

The official music video, directed by Ian Robertson and starring Rique, has over 37 million YouTube views.

“THE PURE INTENT WAS TO MAKE THE MUSIC ON THIS ALBUM WITH HEART ON MY SLEEVE EMOTION. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. 11. https://ryanwrites99.wordpress.com/2019/11/04/album-review-gorgon-city-escape-2018/, I'm Ryan, I'm 21 and a university student in Birmingham, UK.

"Never cared about trends. It got to a point [during the recording process] where I thought maybe it might be worth bringing a singer in and changing it but I thought you know what, out of respect as [the track] started off working the song around "My Love Is Your Love" I kept it in."[10]. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. [2] Next year, "I Got U" featuring Jax Jones was nominated in the same category.

Filled with some of the best names inside house and techno dance music, Duke Dumont’s Duality Remixed album is a perfect masterpiece. By far, it has been my favorite album of the year. Chaos with little cause.

Maybe one day I'll do something with my reviews?

I like the song as it’s own entity, especially from the 2 minute mark, with it’s rousing build up and beat, however I’m not too sure it fits with the album all that well. We are hoping to eventually work on a solution for this when we have the resources to do so. Mexican DJ/Producer. [7] The single, "I Got U", reached number one on the UK Singles Chart. It was released by Defected Records on 1 August 2016. God knows I’m on my own path." That's to give it a sense of longevity. ‘Nightcrawler’ incorporates a funk bassline into the mix, and it works.

I referred to ‘Escape’, Gorgon City’s brilliant 2018 album. 0:58 0:30. Album Review: Duke Dumont – Duality (2020) ryanwrites99 Uncategorized 17th Apr 2020 3 Minutes Having seen a track such as ‘Ocean Drive’ on the tracklist for this album – one of the best songs ever written, may I add – I had a feeling that this album could be an extension of … Select Week -- and Year ----. Stream Duke Dumont’s new remix album from his album Duality, out now on every streaming platform for your listening pleasure! © Copyright © 2019 EDMTunes, LLC. It has summer night written all over it, and five years on, I still smile and sing along every time it comes on (which, spoiler alert, is at least once a week). ‘Obey’ is the third track, which contains an authoritative voice and more aggressive beats and melodies.

An overarching question is, why Duality for the title? I write reviews about books, albums, TV shows and films. Released April 17, 2020. There’s a lot that could be at play here. ‘Ocean Drive’. It has become Adam’s most successful track to date, at least in terms of streams.

Singer Kelli-Leigh sings on the Duke Dumont single,[9] although Dumont was inspired by the original recording of the song by Whitney Houston, saying: "It's one of my favourite Whitney songs, especially the later Whitney period. We don’t know how long this chapter will last. NO GENRE, NO BOUNDARIES, NO RESTRAINTS, AND NO FEAR,” shared the London-based producer and DJ on his social media. Our automated banning policies are not perfect and sometimes too strict, and some IP addresses are banned by accident. There isn't a wasted second on Duality and the result is a nourishing fix that offers an emotional alternative to any ephemeral electronic dance fluff.

From the ecstatic and appropriately titled "Therapy" to the pulsing dystopian propaganda of "Obey" with Roland Clark, the urgent yearning of "Love Song," and the classically inspired "Overture," the LP is a brisk and invigorating ride, a jolt of physical energy and soulful depth that doesn't wear out its welcome and provides just enough for listeners to crave even more. You might be using a VPN. [1] He has remixed a number of songs, including several which have charted in the United Kingdom. Duality Remixed is out now. 9. IT IS ME AT MY PURSUIT. Inlay 4/4. On 31 March 2013, Dumont released the single, "Need U (100%)". Duke Dumont - Duality CD. If you’re only going to listen to one song off the record, make it this one, and let it grow on you. 6:06 0:30. 1 and Vol. In the same year, he remixed AlunaGeorge's "Your Drums, Your Love" and Santigold's "The Keepers". Write CSS OR LESS and hit save. Although Adam George Dyment, better known as Duke Dumont, has been dropping tunes since the 2010s, Duality is, in fact, his debut album. done anything to warrant a ban, this is most likely the case. Subscribe to get the latest updates at your fingertips. He is best known for his hit singles "Need U (100%)" "I Got U", "Ocean Drive" and "Won't Look Back" which both reached number one and number two on the UK Singles Chart respectively. In February 2015, "I Got U" was nominated for "Best Dance Recording" at the 57th Annual Grammy Awards. Stream Duality now to conjure up more contrasts. View all posts by ryanwrites99. Rather than being an album of assorted singles which don’t go all that well together, this is an experience, more like a soundtrack to a night with a chill in the air. Love Song Duke Dumont • Duality.

Genres: Deep House, Progressive House. You (or someone with the same IP address as you) might be using a script or program to download pages from this site automatically.

It would not have surprised me if this was an Example track. Shockingly, it didn’t hit the top 40 in the UK charts. I am certainly not disappointed, and it joins a growing list of alternative electronic projects that only really feel right to play at 2am. Today, the essence of Duality has reached its etymological peak, and we’re here for it! Filled with some of the best names inside house and techno dance music, Duke Dumont’s Duality Remixed album is a perfect masterpiece. If it was looking to create a highly-charged drama, it certainly achieves it. Here is a link to my review of it! Every house-influenced album seems to have to have a melancholic, 5 to 6 minute dance track which is undoubtedly sad, but more of the kind where you’re sad that the party is over. Combining chilled house with a strings synth and haunting vocals, this could soundtrack any evening. There's not much we can do about this right now; you'll have to turn off your VPN in order to continue using the site. "[14], "Red Light Green Light" did not enter the. ‘Duality’ is a very worthy album, and it surprised me slightly when I found out it was Duke Dumont’s debut album; I’ve been listening to him since 2014! Your IP was not banned by a person; it was banned by a firewall that uses an automated algorithm.