The Broncos defeated the Patriots 20-18 to advance to the Super Bowl.

})(); NFL Comparisons is not affiliated with the National Football League, NFL, NFL.com or any teams, Indianapolis Colts (1998–2011), Denver Broncos (2012–2015), By the Indianapolis Colts in the 1st Round (1st Overall) in the 1998 Draft, By the Baltimore Colts in the 1st Round (1st Overall) in the 1983 Draft, 10 (1983-1984, 1986-1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996-1998), 9 (1986-1987, 1989, 1991, 1993-1994, 1996-1998). I loved Elway and one of the saddest days of my life was when he retired. Broncos QB Peyton Manning easily surpassed John Elway's career-best single-season numbers this year, but it's a different era, so to make a fair comparison, stats need to … DENVER — At long last, it’s a legitimate question. Denver, CO Forecast | Pinpoint Weather | FOX31 & Channel 2, Heartbroken Denver dog owner is lost after her emotional support dog is stolen, Head brewer of Denver Beer Company identified as man killed in Maroon Bells climbing accident, Colorado testing centers in high demand as COVID statewide positivity rate nears 12%, Loveland Ski Area opens for 2020-21 season Wednesday. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports, Feb 2, 2014; East Rutherford, NJ, USA; The snap goes over the head of Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning (18) during the first quarter in Super Bowl XLVIII against the Seattle Seahawks at MetLife Stadium. In his prime, playing with today’s rules?

Mandatory Credit: Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports, Feb 7, 2016; Santa Clara, CA, USA; Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning (18) gestures at the line of scrimmage against the Carolina Panthers in the second quarter in Super Bowl 50 at Levi's Stadium. Manning’s style is more reserved than Elway’s but the Denver Post said about him: Manning, deservedly, is the man of the moment. Would you take Peyton Manning or John Elway if you could have either on this year’s roster? When his receivers couldn’t get open, No. Mandatory Credit: Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports, Jan 12 2013; Denver, CO, USA; Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning (18) before the start of the game against the Baltimore Ravens of the AFC divisional round playoff game at Sports Authority Field. You can see stats, Super Bowls, awards and more. Elway was the first Broncos player enshrined inside the walls of the Professional Football Hall of Fame (2004) and Manning will become the fifth – Gary Zimmerman, Floyd Little and Shannon Sharpe are the others – unless someone else (Terrell Davis, please) gets in before Peyton. Manning is yet to win a single playoff game in Denver thanks to a crushing, last-second Hail Mary from the Baltimore Ravens last season. Nobody for me anyway that I have liked as much as Elway currently or past. You have all these big time deep threat speedsters...you wan Peyton “Noodle-arm” Manning throwing to them? The high was higher because I felt the lowest of the low.” Mandatory Credit: Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports, Dec 22, 2013; Houston, TX, USA; Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning (18) throws the ball during the third quarter as Houston Texans inside linebacker Joe Mays (53) applies pressure at Reliant Stadium. He’s a pro at putting that ball where it needs to go, remember that 50th TD pass to Eric Decker this season. Scotty Payne: No wrong answer, but Elway Tim Lynch: Yes. Today's Posts; Forum; Broncos Football; Broncos Football; If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.

He made a huge impact on the Broncos when he was playing, and took them where they needed to be. – John Elway. If we’re in Scangarello’s offense, Elway would probably get the nod. The Denver Broncos lost a game that was never as close as the final score looked. Peyton the ultimate chess player, while everyone else is stuck playing checkers, he's always one step ahead. of his own plays. Mandatory Credit: Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports, Feb 7, 2016; Santa Clara, CA, USA; Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning leaves the stadium after the game with his son Marshall Manning after the game against the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl 50 at Levi's Stadium. Elway participated in nine Pro Bowl selections and appeared in five Super Bowls for the Denver Broncos, winning two of them. Open your ears, Denver, this debate is coming on strong. I wonder if Elway had more Manning personality in him if it would have made a difference in his career success?

Would you take Manning or Elway if you could have either on this year’s roster? Give me Elway and he’ll break all the records hands down. 18 again, let alone, that it’d be Manning in the jersey. Manning will go down as the best QB in history, regardless of the outcome of tomorrows game or if it's his last.