Erotokritos, realising that his love cannot have a happy ending travels to Chalkida to forget. Katecho to ki o Kyris sou gligora se pantrevgei, If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. And let ill-fated me vow that I never saw you, Βιτσέντζος Κορνάρος - Χριστόδουλος Χάλαρης - 1.Νίκος Ξυλούρης. And how am I going to be separated from you, and how am I going to live without you into such exile? Aretousa refuses, where after the king confines her in a dark, humid dungeon, where she remains for years, suffering many hardships.After a number of years, the king of Vlahias declares war on Athens and invades with his army. Being from an inferior social class to the princess, any relation between them was impossible.Therefore Erotokritos disguises himself and starts singing erotic songs under her window in the evenings. He then flees to the city of Egripos, where, in vain alas, he tries to forget his love.When the unknown singer stops singing under her window, Aretousa, discovers that she loves him. no matter where I end up and how long I live,

Have you heard of the sad news Aretousa? But Erotokritos after drinking a magic liquid that changes his appearance, comes to help his homeland. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ae475ba542384fa75d143f23ab1e5490" );document.getElementById("gd425a1ac8").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Instead he ask the king to release Aretousa and allow him to marry her.

Erotokritos song (With English Subtitles / Lyrics) - YouTube logiase ta ‘patha gia se, na me ponei i kardia sou. During his absence, his father falls ill and when Aretousa visits him, she finds in the room of Erotokritos a painting of hers and the lyrics he sang. N’ anadakryoseis kai na peis: “Rotokrite kaimene, think what I have suffered for you, feel sorry for me in your heart, And take this painting from the drawer My end is coming, know it my lady that they will bury me in exile, my remains will be there. ki onte sa nyfi stolisteis, san pantremeni allaxeis. Ikouses Aretousa mou, ta thlivera mantata; o Kyris sou m’ exorise s’ tsi xenitias ti strata. they defeat your mind and alter your desire. It means 'the one that has been tortured by love'. nikoun tine ti gnomi sou ki allassei i orexi sou. and the songs I created, burn them in fire.

Let your tear drop and say “Poor Erotokritos and the songs I sang to you, that you enjoy so much, And read them, look at them and think of me pos m’ exorisane gia se polla makria sta xena. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Sto perigiali to kryfo – Grigoris Bithikotsis. o Kyris sou m’ exorise s’ tsi xenitias ti strata. Erotokritos overcomes but gets seriously wounded. Kai kathe mina mia fora mesa stin kamera sou,

At first the princess refuses to be married to a stranger, but then Erotokritos reveals his real identity. Tessereis meres monacha mou ‘doke n’ animeno, ki apokeis na xenitefto, polla makria na piaino. Ερωτόκριτος & Αρετούσα / Τσ' Αγάπης Και Του Έρωτα - YouTube If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. He has given me only four more days to stay, and after that I must go far away abroad alone. Erotokritos participates, wins the fight and takes the prize for his victory by the hands of his beloved princess. ta sou ‘taxa lismonisa, ta ‘theles plio den enai”. Initially, the story appears to take place in Ancient Athens. Your father has exiled me. Erotokritos is a tree and Aretousa is a branch ah, let as breath together up until the world ends. Rigopoulo, Afentopoulo, san eisai sy gyrevgei. Ki oude boreis n’ antistatheis sta theloun oi Goneis sou Once every month in your room We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Erotokritos – English lyrics. The lyrics of the song Erotokritos by Nikos Xilouris in Greek and Greeklish.

Ήκουσες Αρετούσα μου τα θλιβερά μαντάτα, Erotokritos was the son of Pezostratos, adviser of the King. Sto perigiali to kryfo – Grigoris Bithikotsis. what i promised you i forgot, what you wanted exists no more”. and after that I must go far away abroad alone. I promise you neither to see another woman nor to gaze at. The lyrics of the song Erotokritos by Nikos Xilouris translated to English, Have you heard of the sad news Aretousa? Ikouses Aretousa mou, ta thlivera mantata; Mia chari Afentra sou zito ki ekeini thelo mono

kai meta keini olocharos ti zisi mou teleiono: Tin ora p’ arravoniasteis, na varianastenaxeis And during a visit at the house of Pezostratos, the father of Erotokritos, she discovers the identity of her secret admirer and falls in deep sadness.In an attempt to entertain his daughter, the King organises fights of joust. it is for you that my body was born into this world!

Your father has exiled me, He has given me only four more days to stay, The marriage takes place and the young couple inherits the throne of Athenshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikentios_Kornaroshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotokritos And how am I going to be separated from you, And when they tell you I am dead, feel sorry for me and cry The king, however, gets furious, exiles Erotokritos and orders his daughter to marry the successor to the throne of Byzantium. While fighting he happens to save the life of the old King.Finally, the war is concluded in a duel between Erotokritos and the nephew of the King of Vlahias.