All the songs were co-written by the group. Genesis song lyrics for albums From Genesis to Revelation, Trespass, Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot, Selling England by the Pound, The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Trick of the Tail, Wind and Wuthering, Spot the Pigeon, And Then There Were Three, Duke, Abacab, Genesis, Invisible Touch, We Can't Dance indexed by album and by song This album had quite good production values for the time, so any kind of studio tinkering isn’t really required. Very good sound quality. Cuckoo Cocoon. I knew what I was getting, because I know this album very well, but I never had a vinyl edition, instead just a well-worn tape (yes) recorded off my mate's album in the mid-Seventies. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Deep bass, nice highs and clear nice voices, high quality pressing no pops or clicks. His theatrical lyrics and characters in The Battle of Epping Forest, when he sings he becomes the characters he's singing.

There's a problem loading this menu right now. There is constant crackle and low-end muddiness and vocal distortion. Crank the volume and enjoy rare photos, stories, and original art. Exellent! Reviewed in the United States on January 28, 2017. If you can find an original stereo mix of “Selling...” for a cheap price, I say go for it. It is a gatefold with lyrics in Italian inside. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Extended holiday return window till Jan 31, 2021, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett were still in the band. It is certainly my favorite. And what completes Genesis, for me , is the Magnificent Peter Gabriel. The quality of this 180g vinyl pressing is top notch! Selling England By The Pound (Original Recording Remastered), Audio, Cassette, Original recording remastered, October 4, 1994.

You may be charged a restocking fee up to 50% of item's price for used or damaged returns and up to 100% for materially different item. Previous page of related Sponsored Products. Selling England By The Pound lyrics. Recorded and released in 1973, Selling England By the Pound is in my opinion Genesis's best album. This was, of course, an early version of piracy and we were warned sternly at the time that 'Home Taping is killing music and it's illegal'. There are several high points throughout “Selling...” like “Dancing with the Moonlit Knight,” “Firth of Fifth,” and “The Cinema Show”. To put it quite simply, excellent! Recorded and released in 1973, Selling England By the Pound is in my opinion Genesis's best album. Muy buena copia, remasterizado de calidad, buen rango dinámico, recomendado. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. I would recommend avoiding this pressing especially if you are not certain that the vinyl is mint.

The remixes I have heard of the albums from A Trick Of The Tail forward are absolutely abysmal (basically, "smashed" and devoid of any of the dynamics that made these albums stand out), but surprisingly the Peter Gabriel era remixes stay closer to the original. Would be great if people could actually comment on the mastering quality, Same matrix but ending (side a) A-3U and (side b) B-2U, This is the vinyl I have but the sleeve is the Canadian FC6060. Please click on Helpful at the bottom of this review if what I wrote is useful to you. I have only in the past few years had time to explore the Peter Gabriel era Genesis recordings, and Selling England By The Pound has become my favorite of all of the albums, catching the band at a peak in performing and writing skills. album: "Selling England By The Pound" (1973) Dancing With The Moonlit Knight. The Grand … The sound is weird.

The ideal quarantine gift for classic rock aficionados. “Selling England by the Pound” is regarded as Genesis’ masterpiece and, while I don’t subscribe to the opinion that it’s their ‘best’ album, I do love it and really admire many of the pieces on it (I’m calling them pieces because calling them ‘songs’ seems rather simplistic). Selling England by the Pound (5.1 mix) / Shepperton Studios, Italian TV 1973 / Bataclan, France 1973. Ein magischer Moment der Rockgeschichte, der hoffentlich noch viele Generationen (Prog)rockbegeisterter Musikfans verzaubert. In terms of deciding which remaster to go for, I ended up preferring the original stereo mix (i. e. no remastering at all). Und dafür sprechen 8 formidable Gründe, nämlich die einzelnen Albumtitel. Original Virgin/Charisma 1985 cd, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 2, 2015, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 5, 2019.

Christian Schauer, Berlin. The Battle Of Epping Forest. (CD, Album, RE, RM + DVD-V, Multichannel, PAL + Uno), 50999 265701 2 9, 5099926570129, GENCDY 4, (SACD, Hybrid, Multichannel, Album, RE, RM + DVD-V,), (SACD, Hybrid, Multichannel, Album, RE, RM + DVD-V), (Blu-ray, Blu-ray-A, Album, RE, RM, Multichannel), Selling England By The Pound, LP, Album, RE, RM, 180, 602567490456, Selling England By The Pound, LP, Album, RE, 180, GENLPY 4, Selling England By The Pound, LP, Album, RP, Gat, 6369 944 A, Selling England By The Pound, LP, Album, FC 6060, Selling England By The Pound, LP, Album, CAS 1074, Selling England By The Pound, LP, Album, 6369 944, 6369944, 1,001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die (2011 Edition), Brain Salad Surgeries: 297 essential progressive rock listens, The Strawberry Bricks Guide to Progressive Rock.

Fly On A Windshield . Es zeigt ihr Gemälde "The Dream", auf dem auch der Protagonist aus dem Stück "I Know What I Like" zu sehen ist.