2 Corinthians 9:7 Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. Please enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. 2. Having resisted and exposed the heart of grumbling, we ultimately overcome it by walking in the Holy Spirit, who produces in us the fruit of eternal life!

Numbers 17:5. In essence, the rules of “Nothing is more important to me than protecting my well-being” and “You having something means that there might not be any leftover for me” guide the grumbling heart. Bible Verses About Husbands (See NIV), Numbers 14:36The men, whom Moses sent to spy out the land, who returned, and made all the congregation to murmur against him, by bringing up an evil report against the land,(See NAS NIV), Numbers 16:11Therefore you and all your company are gathered together against Yahweh: and Aaron, what is he that you murmur against him? Num 17:5. ... //christianbookshelf.org/naylor/heart talks/talk fifty-three three tests of.htm, Which is Chaste Love; and How in Some Creatures Such Sensible ... ... And peradventure thou mayest be stirred for to love God for them, and that shalt thou feel by this: if thou grumble overmuch when they be away. To growl; to snarl in deep tones; as, a lion grumbling over his prey. Proverbs 29:22 A man of wrath stirs up strife, and one given to anger causes much transgression.

... /.../questionable amusements and worthy substitutes/x home and the home-maker.htm, Self-Inspection. But Jesus, knowing in himself that his disciples were grumbling about this, said to them, “Do you take offense at this?” John 8:31-32 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” Galatians 5:16, 22-23 (CSB) — 16 I say, then, walk by the Spirit and you will certainly not carry out the desire of the flesh. Exodus .../g/grumbled.htm - 9k, Grudge (11 Occurrences)... gruj (naTar; stenazo, goggusmos): "Grudge" (perhaps a mimetic word, compare Greek gru) is "to grumble" or "murmur" at any person or thing, to entertain an .../g/grudge.htm - 13k, Grudgingly (2 Occurrences)/g/grudgingly.htm - 7k, Destroyer (23 Occurrences)... Multi-Version Concordance Destroyer (23 Occurrences). 1 Corinthians 10:10-11 Nor grumble, as some of them did and were destroyed by the Destroyer. 4. 1 Peter 2:23 When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly. I have seen careers, friendships, marriages, and ministries destroyed by the bitterness that came about from years of cultivating the heart of complaining.Indeed, many lives have been destroyed by grumbling, and yet very few people are aware of this deadly toxin. Complaining, grumbling, whining, and murmuring has been human traits since the world began, even in the Garden of Eden, when Adam became our first whiner. Luke 1:37 For nothing will be impossible with God. Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. And that makes non-grumblers a peculiar people in this world. "(See NAS NIV), Isaiah 29:24They also who err in spirit will come to understanding, and those who grumble will receive instruction. Who are we, that you murmur against us? Exodus 15:24 And the people grumbled against Moses, saying, “What shall we drink?”. Matthew 22:39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. It may be an historic time for anything you know. (vi) To complain; especially, to grumble; to forebode evil; to utter complaints or forebodings habitually. 2 Timothy 1:7 For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. As His redeemed people, our lives should daily overflow with gratitude for His gracious salvation, even in … All this and more causes us to be oblivious to the sin of grumbling because the basic mindset of complaining frames our entire outlook on life by the deficiencies and difficulties that we are experiencing in the moment.

Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil?” In all this Job did not sin with his lips. Romans 1:21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Bible Verses About Prayer, Bible Verses About Children Exodus 15:22 Then Moses made Israel set out from the Red Sea, and they went into the wilderness of Shur. Do all things without murmurings and disputings: And in the morning, then ye shall see the glory of the LORD; for that he heareth your murmurings against the LORD: and what [are] we, that ye murmur against us? Numbers 14:27 How long shall this wicked congregation grumble against me? ( Log Out /  2. Philippians 4:11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me. (vt .../c/croak.htm - 7k, Matthew 20:11So when they had received it, they grumbled against the employer, saying,(Root in WEY NAS RSV NIV), Luke 15:2The Pharisees and the scribes murmured, saying, "This man welcomes sinners, and eats with them." [ Do Everything Without Grumbling] Therefore, my dear friends, ... With Bible Gateway Plus, you gain instant access to a digital Bible study library, including complete notes from the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible and the New Bible Commentary.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Grumbling is the reflexive response of the flesh when it perceives even the slightest bit of discomfort or inequality. Bible verses about Complaining as well as Bible Verses about Not Complaining are explored, followed by 10 steps on How to stop complaining and start living the life God wants us to live. Bible Verses About Healing 3. There was much grumbling among the crowds concerning Him; some were saying, “He is a good man”; others were saying, “No, on the contrary, He leads the people astray.”. Do everything without grumbling and arguing.

Colossians 3:8 But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth. As Paul goes on to tell us, those who “do all things without grumbling” burn like great suns in … Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account.

In the absence of light, having decimated our heart of thanksgiving, joy, and peace, we will see bitterness take hold of our hearts, rotting the foundation out from under our “love”, “gentleness”, “kindness”, “goodness”, and “holiness”. For Permission to Quote Information visit http://www.lockman.org, 9 occurrences in 7 translations, Old Testament (2), Numbers (2), New Testament (7), Luke (1), John (4), Philippians (1), 1 Peter (1). While in the check out line at a small discount store the other day, I watched as a customer complained about the person in front of her having a few too many items for the express lane. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account.

1 Corinthians 10:10–13 (CSB) — 10 And don’t grumble as some of them did, and were killed by the destroyer. .../m/murmur.htm - 15k, Mutter (6 Occurrences)... 1.

(Read More...)John 6:41-43 - The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven. God, All knowing Grumbling Before God Acts Complaining. The spiritual discipline of gratitude is our first line of defense. In a lingering time of chaos and uncertainty, are you longing to rediscover God's grace? Bible Verses About Forgiveness Grumbling is the spiritual foundation of bitterness. Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. .../p/perished.htm - 29k, Content (30 Occurrences)... 1.

Why should you grumble, then, that God has not elected you to it ... //christianbookshelf.org/spurgeon/spurgeons sermons volume 1 1855/election.htm, The victory of Faith ... got the money, and repent at your leisure." (WEB NAS RSV NIV), James 5:9Don't grumble, brothers, against one another, so that you won't be judged. If a verse or topic does not belong, please contact us. .../d/destroyer.htm - 16k, Murmur (23 Occurrences)... 4. Exodus 16:7 And in the morning you shall see the glory of the Lord, because he has heard your grumbling against the Lord. John 6:41 So the Jews grumbled about him, because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.”, John 6:61 But Jesus, knowing in himself that his disciples were grumbling about this, said to them, “Do you take offense at this?”, John 8:31-32 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”. Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. Likewise, we do not tolerate inequalities very well because the more advantages someone else has, the more likely I am to be deprived because of the basic law of scarcity.

Romans 8:31 What then shall we say to these things? “How long shall I bear with this evil congregation who are grumbling against Me? 1. 1 Corinthians 10:10 Neither grumble, as some of them also grumbled, and perished by the destroyer. In this post, we have created one of the most comprehensive collections of scriptures on murmuring and complaining. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (CSB) — give thanks in everything; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 6. I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel, which they murmur against me.James 5:9 - Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door. ... courtiers that one of his officers, Nicanor by name, was always speaking evil of him, that wherever Nicanor was, there he did nothing but grumble against the ... /.../the village pulpit volume ii trinity to advent/xlviii self-inspection.htm, Moses Striking the Rock. "(See NAS), Numbers 14:27"How long shall I bear with this evil congregation, that murmur against me? I have heard the complaints of these, The staff belonging to the man I choose will sprout, and I will rid myself of this constant. Bible Commentary Bible Verses Devotionals Faith Prayers Coloring Pages Pros and Cons, Hebrews 9:27 Meaning of People Are Destined to Die Once, Genesis 3:22 Meaning of the Man Has Now Become like One of Us, Galatians 5:13 Meaning of Serve One Another Humbly in Love, 10 Powerful Prayers for a Wedding Reception, Whatever Your Hand Finds to Do Meaning and Meditation, Ephesians 5:11 Meaning of Fruitless Deeds of Darkness, Ephesians 4:30 Meaning of Do Not Grieve the Holy Spirit, 30 Transcendent Bible Scriptures on Fruitfulness. ... /hebrew/3885b.htm - 5k, Freedom. ( Log Out /  Try again later. If God is for us, who can be against us? Bible Verses About Death Bible Verses About Marriage Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.

Over and over again I have seen how the mindset of complaining invites the destroyer into people’s lives and wrecks havoc on everything good that they had going for them. When God asked if Adam had eaten from the tree of which he commanded him not to eat, Adam replied, “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me fruit from the tree, and I ate.” (Genesis 3:12)2 When God questioned Eve, she said, “The serpent tricked me, and I ate.” … ... God sent them manna, which they gathered every day except the Sabbath; but with all God's care and kindness the Israelites continued to grumble whenever any ... /.../anonymous/mother stories from the old testament/moses striking the rock.htm, Jesus at the Well.