Kyle Balda, Screenwriters Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio (who had written Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who for Meledandri at Fox) wrote or co-wrote Despicable Me, Hop, Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, Despicable Me 2, The Secret Life of Pets, and Despicable Me 3, while screenwriter Brian Lynch wrote or co-wrote Hop, Minions, and The Secret Life of Pets. Reese Witherspoon, with his car.

Illumination has produced 10 feature films, with its latest release being The Secret Life of Pets 2, with an average gross of $695.4 million per film. Benjamin Bratt, TV … 95 min Chris Renaud The Secret Life of Pets was released on July 8, 2016. Local 839, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Illumination_(company)&oldid=987847103, Companies based in Santa Monica, California, Film production companies of the United States, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. [7] During the summer 2011, Illumination acquired the animation department of the French animation and visual effects studio Mac Guff, which animated Despicable Me and Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, and formed Illumination Mac Guff. Kristen Wiig, Russell Brand, 47,735 Steve Carell, [19] The Secret Life of Pets 2, the sequel to 2016's The Secret Life of Pets, was released on June 7, 2019. Julie Andrews, Votes:

| Gross:

| Tim Hill Continuing the story of Max and his pet friends, following their secret lives after their owners leave them for work or school each day. List of Illumination Entertainment Animation Movies. Kaley Cuoco, Votes: To find it he must discover the story of the Lorax, the grumpy yet charming creature who fights to protect his world. After leaving, he founded Illumination Entertainment. | $158.87M, See titles to watch instantly, titles you haven't rated, etc, Adoptive Father Adopted Daughter Relationship. E.B., the Easter Bunny's teenage son, heads to Hollywood, determined to become a drummer in a rock 'n' roll band.

List of Universal Pictures theatrical animated features, List of unproduced Universal Pictures animated projects, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_Illumination_films&oldid=987422728, Illumination Entertainment animated films, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 6 November 2020, at 23:12. Future projects include Minions: The Rise of Gru set for July 2, 2021 and Sing 2 set for December 22, 2021. Animation, Adventure, Comedy. The Minions, characters f… | Kyle Balda Stars: Director: When a criminal mastermind uses a trio of orphan girls as pawns for a grand scheme, he finds their love is profoundly changing him for the better. | Gross: Harrison Ford, Illumination (formerly named Illumination Entertainment) is an American film and animation studio founded by Chris Meledandri in 2007 and owned by Universal Pictures, a division of NBCUniversal, which is itself a division of Comcast. 85 min $368.06M, PG | Gross: Directors: $264.62M, PG Pierre Coffin, [23][24][25] On January 31, 2018, Nintendo announced during a fiscal meeting that they are partnering with Illumination on a movie starring Mario, which will be co-produced by Chris Meledandri and Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto. | Gross: A grumpy Grinch (Benedict Cumberbatch) plots to ruin Christmas for the village of Whoville.

$270.40M, PG As of 2019, Illumination has released 10 feature films, which were all distributed by Universal Pictures. Stars: Patton Oswalt, | Kristen Wiig, Illumination's second film was the live action/CGI hybrid Hop (2011), which has a $37 million opening, and ended up with $108 million domestically and $183 million worldwide. Stars: | Other films in development also include Despicable Me 4, and an untitled Pharrell Williams animated film.

An adaptation of Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, debuted on March 2, 2012, earning $70 million on its opening weekend, and with eventual totals of $214 million in the US market and $348 million worldwide. [5] The studio is responsible for the Despicable Me and The Secret Life of Pets film series and the film adaptations of Dr. Seuss’ books The Lorax and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. | On May 19, 2011, Illumination announced that it would be working with Universal Studios to create Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem, a 3-D ride at Universal Parks & Resorts in Orlando, Hollywood, and Osaka. Miranda Cosgrove, Votes: $108.09M, PG

Meledandri left his post as President of 20th Century Fox Animation and Blue Sky Studios in early 2007. 30,997

$368.38M, PG Tell us what you think about this feature. Kevin Hart,

Illumination (formerly named Illumination Entertainment) is an American film and animation studio founded by Chris Meledandri in 2007 and owned by Universal Pictures,[4][5][6] a division of NBCUniversal, which is itself a division of Comcast. Animation, Comedy, Family. | At no point will I try to convince you that Illumination is a bad company or that you shouldn’t enjoy their movies.

[8][9][10], Meledandri prefers to keep Illumination adhering to a low-cost model, recognizing that "strict cost controls and hit animated films are not mutually exclusive".

Theme park ride at several Universal Studios parks and resorts. | Pharrell Williams, Votes: | 87 min

Russell Brand, Sing, a comedy written and directed by Garth Jennings, was released on December 21, 2016. James Marsden,

Pierre Coffin, | The studio is responsible for the Despicable Me and The Secret Life of Pets film series and the film adaptations of Dr. Seuss’ books The Lorax and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. This is a list of films from Illumination (formerly known as Illumination Entertainment), an American film and animation studio based in Santa Monica, California, United States. Yarrow Cheney A 12-year-old boy searches for the one thing that will enable him to win the affection of the girl of his dreams. Yarrow Cheney, | All three are among the 50 highest-grossing films of all time, and six of their films are among the 50 highest-grossing animated films. 86 min Illumination Films Produced Thus Far and Why They Worry Me This is a very loosey-goosey discussion about Illumination Entertainment. In LA, he's taken in by Fred after the out-of-work slacker hits E.B. Stars: The second film from Illumination based on a Dr. Seuss book, Dr. Seuss' The Grinch, was released on November 9, 2018, and is directed by Scott Mosier and Yarrow Cheney from an adaptation by Michael LeSieur and Tommy Swerdlow. Kevin Hart, Animation, Adventure, Comedy. 180,721 Eric Guillon Matthew McConaughey,

The studio's first film, Despicable Me, was released on July 9, 2010 and was commercially successful, earning $56 million on its opening weekend, and going on to ticket sales of $251 million domestically and $543 million worldwide. List of Winners of Academy Award for Best Animated Feature, List of the Winners of the Best Picture Academy Award, Ranking List of DC Extended Universe Movies. Animation, Comedy, Family. [22] Other films the studio has in development include Despicable Me 4 and an animated film based on the Mario franchise as a collaboration with Nintendo. | Garth Jennings, ", "Inside Illumination's Plans for Animated 'Super Mario Bros.' Movie", "Universal Delays 'Minions: The Rise of Gru' Early July Release", "Three Untitled Illumination Movies Get Dates Through 2020", "40th Annie Award nominees and winners list", "Critics' Choice Awards 2018: Complete List of Movie and TV Nominations", The Animation Guild, I.A.T.S.E.