© 2020 TV GUIDE, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. Turner's life. Spanning the last 25 years in the life of Britain's most revered painter, MR. TURNER is a rich portrait of a complex, contradictory man. This movie missed a huge opportunity to cover so much more of his life. I can only be thankful that I rented this and did not go to see it in theaters.

Kijk gelijk op Netflix of check eerst de trailer! They did, however, manage to miss completely, Reviewed in the United States on June 10, 2015. A long, slow film dealing with a difficult subject; I can understand why some viewers didn't have the patience to watch this, but I found it interesting and often quite pertinent.

I literally fast forwarded through the last half of the movie and was sad to discover that the end was just as uneventful and emotionless as the rest of the movie.

The fact that Turner was often boorish and crass in his dealings with others simply points out that his art was his life and anything else was simply a distraction.

Someone criticized this film for its "lack of conflict." Not so the grotesque Mr. Spall who plays Turner as a grotesque, character, with ZERO redeeming virtues. You don't want to take your eyes off him for a moment in case you miss a small expression or gesture. Rotten Tomatoes score: Watch Mr. Turner movie trailers, exclusive videos, interviews from the cast, movie clips and more at TVGuide.com.

This is a remarkable and uncompromising film with Timothy Spall playing William Turner in a manner that refuses to submit to the normal Hollywood definition of a biographical portrayal and rather illustrates the determination and self absorption that such a character in those times would exhibit. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now. Netflix is een geregistreerd handelsmerk van Netflix, Inc.

150 m - Dramas. A fascinating meander through a series of loosely-linked scenes from Turner's later life.

Keep track of your favorite shows and movies, across all your devices. Metacritics score:

Sorry, Mr. Turner (2014) isn't available on Netflix United States, but is available in a different country. A Truly Beautiful Film About An Amazing Artist, Reviewed in the United States on May 8, 2015.

As someone else remarked the acting of Dorothy Atkinson as Hannah, Turner's housekeeper is amazing. These combine to produce a truly thoughtful, slow-paced and nuanced film.

Apparently the man was enigmatic and secretive, I'd have liked to have known why although I appreciate that may not be something generally known. Not enough action, some others said. Rob & I watched it twice, which I recommend because it's such a rich film, you'll notice many more details during a second viewing.

Like NetflixReleases op Facebook of volg ons op Twitter, dan houden we je op de hoogte van nieuwe films en series op Netflix. The known portraits of Turner, with the exception of the one known photo of him, as an old man, show him to be a reasonably handsome man. The viewer observes everything he does during this time, but we are never allowed inside his mind, never quite get close enough, always remain on the outside. If you like painterly movies, you'll love this film. The best rated item with Tina Turner on Netflix is "Last Action Hero" and appeared on screen in 1993. I'd have given more stars for Mr Spall's acting but was voting on the actual film which threw me a bit as it wasn't what I was expecting. There's a problem loading this menu right now. His relationships with his father and with Mrs Booth (both excellently portrayed) are quietly touching.

Indeed, Turner and Beethoven introduced the world to Romanticism through their departing from the establishment and going their own ways. I particularly enjoyed Mr Spall's section explaining elements of Mr Turner's life and the making of the film itself as an extra part of the DVD. 150 m - Dramas - 2.9/5 Watch on Netflix How To Unblock Every Movie & TV Show on Netflix No Matter Where You Are. About Tina Turner .

Turner's life.

It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. There is plenty of action, just not of the physical sort that we see too often. Download the TV Guide app for iPhone, iPad and Android! New TV Shows on Netflix.

Like Beethoven, his contemporary, Turner was a genius and a monomaniac whose pursuit of his art ruled his life. What they did with the steam train & Adm. Nelson's ship scenes are simply astonishing, as is almost everything else in between. Timonthy Spall is brilliant. Alle promotiemateriaal en media waaronder maar niet beperkt tot trailers, foto's, logo's en video's op deze website zijn eigendom van en auteursrechtelijk beschermd door hun respectivelijke eigenaars.

An exploration of the last quarter century of the great, if eccentric, British painter J.M.W.

Mr. Turner (2014) is beschikbaar op Netflix sinds . Reviewed in the United States on August 17, 2020, William Turner was an amazing painter, and an amazing character. This film was the antithesis of "emotional extremes."

I just couldn't believe the filmmakers could miss the target so completely. Reviewed in the United States on January 10, 2019. Then I was hooked on this film - wanting to see how this famous artist's life would play out.