0. Though a successful actress and television producer, and later a qualified counsellor to young people, Judy Lewis will be best remembered as the love child of two of the biggest stars of Hollywood's golden age, Clark Gable and Loretta Young; Lewis was 31 years old before her mother eventually confessed the truth to her. You can also choose to be emailed when someone replies to your comment. Judy Lewis (born Judith Young; November 6, 1935 – November 25, 2011) was an American actress, writer, producer, and therapist. We discussed what a nightmare it was for illegitimate children of Hollywood celebrities to come forward and wondered how many others Gable and other stars might have had…sometimes without even knowing. When the filming was finished, she disappeared for a while and later showed up with a daughter with the biggest ears I ever saw except on an elephant." Returning to Los Angeles, Young stayed out of sight at a house in Venice, California, where she was tended by the family physician, who told her studio she was "seriously ill", needing rest and seclusion. Young's devout Catholicism made an abortion out of the question. Young was determined that the story should only be told after her death, and when her authorised biography by Joan Wester Anderson was published shortly after her death in 2000, the full story was finally revealed. It was only shortly before her death in August 2000 that Loretta Young finally acknowledged the truth, admitting to her authorised biographer that the baby she had “adopted” was actually her own daughter by Clark Gable. Young, who had started her career as an extra in silent films at the age of four, was about to star in a religious-themed movie, The Crusades, and had recently signed a contract with 20th Century-Fox. The most insightful comments on all subjects will be published daily in dedicated articles. Ms. Lewis did not know her parents' identities until adulthood. And though conceding the story privately to her daughter — and later to the rest of her family — Young remained mum publicly all her life, agreeing to acknowledge the facts only in her authorized biography, “Forever Young,” and only on the condition that it be published after her death. The parents of Judy Lewis, Clark Gable and Loretta Young in “The Call of the Wild” (1935). She told the Telegraph that she always cried when she watched Gable’s loving scenes with his on-screen daughter in Gone With the Wind (1939): “It’s very sad to me because he’s so dear with her.

She was a regular on one soap opera, “The Secret Storm,” from 1964 to 1971, and had featured parts on numerous others.

I’m afraid that I also inherited his large ears.

Judy, who today is famously known as Judy Lewis or to some as "the Secret Daughter of Hollywood," died in 2011 at the age of 76. Her memoirs relate that she met her father only once, though at the time she knew him only as a famous star she had seen at the movies. I even have his slow left eye. Both were rising stars with promising careers ahead of them. They say, ‘Where are my ... ‘’ ”, Mr. King interjected, “ ‘Who’s my mother?’ ”, “Yes,” Ms. Lewis said.

Confronted by Ms. Lewis, Young finally made a tearful confession in 1966 at her sprawling home in Palm Springs, Calif. Young was 22 and unmarried when she and Gable, 34 and married to Maria Langham, had their brief affair. His eyes were crinkled into smile lines at the corners and he was so tall that I had to look up. If Young and Gable had acknowledged her in 1935, she said, “both of them would have lost their careers.”, Much of Ms. Lewis’s account was painful to recall, she said.

Ms. Lewis grew up in Los Angeles, cushioned in the luxury of her mother’s movie-star lifestyle even as she endured what she later described as an outsider’s isolation within her family and the teasing of children at school. Doesn’t give us what we want.”, Judy Lewis, Secret Daughter of Hollywood, Dies at 76. It’s obvious that I have Clark Gable’s features. To avoid exposure, she devised an elaborate ruse. Mutiny on the Bounty Premieres Mutiny on the Bounty Premieres "Mutiny on the Bounty," starring Clark Gable, Franchot Tone and Charles Laughton, premiered on November 8, 1935. When she finally insisted on knowing the truth, Loretta Young told her everything; but the revelation undermined their relationship, leading to a long estrangement. Judy had in fact been born as the result of an affair between Gable, then 34 and married, and the 22-year-old Loretta during the filming in the Yukon of Call of the Wild (1935). She appeared in several Broadway plays, produced television shows, and in her mid-40s decided to return to school. (In London, her name was linked romantically with the tennis star Fred Perry.).

When Brigitte Bardot Met Pablo Picasso at His Stud... 12 Facts About British Women During the First Worl... 30 Wonderful Photographs of Gala and Salvador Dalí... 27 Vintage Postcards Showing the First Women Horse... A Peaceful Invasion – The Allied Occupation Of Ice... 19 Vintage Photos Showing What First Class Air Tra... 16 Female Gangsters Who Prove That Crime Isn't Jus... 27 Wonderful Vintage Photos of Life in England in ... 57 Delightful Photos of Women From the Edwardian Era, 24 Vintage Photos of Edie Sedgwick During the 1960s.