Faintly reminds me of "The little Prince" by Exupery, Reviewed in the United States on September 12, 2019. Georgina & Edgar are selected & David ferrets out dangerous information & helps them escape to Africa where Edgar’s father is conveniently stationed. Adopted by a treacherous semi-scientific cult where extraordinary mental powers are common, extraordinary 12-year-old David begins an archetypal journey across two continents to find his destiny as Child of the Moon. You can review our cookie policy to learn more. His wife hires him a full-time carer, a mysterious young man who is driven slowly mad by the old man's disturbing past. Fairly audacious in concept, a white orphan boy must make a journey to Africa. It starts out with some visuals out of The Visitor, but settles down into a slower pace. A former nazi child-killer is confined in an iron lung inside an old mansion after a suicide attempt. Moon Child feels like an unfocused arthouse Dirkie where a slack jawed amateur kid actor wanders around a desert.

TMDb Before David can fulfill his prophecy he must escape the heavily guarded scientific organization that has adopted him. Though this intriguing occult adventure isn’t an adaptation of Aleister Crowley’s novel of the same name, it could live in a similar universe. (I wonder if that's where the Crowley occult perspective really comes in here?

This FAQ is empty. Abuelo militar Aro Tolbukhin is a hungarian inmigrant that sets fire to seven people in an infirmary in a Mission in Guatemala, the movie traces back to see what made him do it, from his arrival in Guatemala to his childhood in Hungary. I love their release of Angst. While Dead Can Dance did the soundtrack, its pretty subtle and sedate. This film is possibly their most approachable release, one almost the entire family can watch. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? The pace slows during the second half…. Satanic thriller. The score by Dead Can Dance is icing on the cake — band member Lisa Gerrard also delivers a strong performance in the film itself. The first half of this two-hour film is very engaging & visually appealing. By continuing to use TMDb, you are agreeing to this policy. If so, it's a respectable adaptation: gorgeous imagery abounds, and Dead Can Dance's score is wonderfully evocative. Choose an adventure below and discover your next favorite movie or TV show. I like fantasy stories like this. David soon discovers that their goal is to channel the moon's energy into a child yet to be born, robbing him of his rightful place as the Son of the Moon. Satanic thriller. Moon Child feels like an unfocused arthouse Dirkie where a slack jawed amateur kid actor wanders around a desert. 1989 ‘El niño de la luna ... it becomes much more a spiritual or mythical take. Written by a.k.a. Two young men and a woman who shared the same traumatic childhood experience during the Spanish Civil War are reunited years later at a hospital for tuberculosis treatment. This would certainly not be made in America. Too long and just not strange or dynamic enough to be compelling. I had to start…, Here we go! I loved the cinematography. It just goes to show you there's a place out there for you dreamers, even if in this case it happens to be an African tribe that's been waiting for you. With an odd white and blue color scheme and scoring by Dead Can Dance (whose Lisa Gerrard puts in a genuinely eccentric performance here), the film has always reminded me most of another ambitious, atmospheric failure: Michael Mann's often derided The Keep. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. Pretty different from everything else he’s done also. how is this movie not higher rated on here!? He seems to love his characters, and we love them too, and while a full synopsis of a David Lynch plot may sound stupid, every individual scene has an internal logic, and the action of the movie has a schematic simplicity (X lusts for Y, who is married to Z, who is obsessed with exacting revenge on Q), a simple structure for Lynch to embroider.Moon Child is pseudo-meaningful, pseudo-symbolic. The story of love and friendship on the harsh streets of 2014 Mallepa, a small corner in Asia. This feeling never lasts, but it's depressing while it does.

If you're a fan of films that defy easy categorization and manage to be beautiful, chilling and surreal all at the same time, this is for you. David soon discovers that their goal is to channel the moon's energy into a child yet to be born, robbing him of his rightful place as the Son of the Moon. I wasn't too sure what was going on though. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Recommended for anyone who likes intelligently weird movies. Cast. David's strange behavior and the fact that he possesses extrasensory perception, has attracted the attention of an organization researching so-called "prodigious beings" in the occult tradition. Before David can fulfill his prophecy he must escape the heavily guarded scientific organization that has adopted him.