These trends will help us better understand how Sony plans to price the new console: Yes absolutely, they did this with the PS4. Hold on to your butts, this is where the math comes in. Once this is the case, he predicts that Sony will lower the price of the PS4 Pro to $250 if they can afford it. The PlayStation 3 had new technology, something that was fresh, and costly. Given this, Sony doesn’t need to charge a bunch for the PS5. With the heralding of a new console, the internet immediately goes into a frenzy, speculating about prices. Namely is the Twitter account @IronManPS5 who recently rebranded as an Iron Man themed account. The standard PS5 console plays both physical and digital games.

As part of an open letter expounding the nature of such accounts that leak information, they also snuck in a confirmation from their perspective that the new consoles will indeed be $399 and $499 for each version: The person who wrote the note intentionally left out numbers because people would probably not read the whole thing. pic.twitter.com/JMA3Mj39U5. Me: There's always been a general range of launch pricing. The reason? They simply need to minimize their losses and maximize the number of people who own the console and purchase games for it. Check out this screenshot from their Facebook page (keep in mind this is in Canadian currency: The same price as the PS4 would certainly be interesting, but it’s possible they simply wanted to get ahead of the game on preorders and set a placeholder price. He did go on to say that the sales of the Xbox One X could provide him wrong. Usually you get a slim version with better cooling and a larger hard drive, but when the PS5 releases, Sony may look into providing two versions of the system to reach a wider audience.

Read on to learn more about the other hints we’ve seen on the PS5 price. Take the PlayStation 3 for example. Tell us in the comments! We accurately predicted this years ago! This is also why iterative consoles like PS4 Pro and Xbox One X make sense from a business standpoint. We should start by looking at current predictions and the actions of competitors like Microsoft. It is difficult, nigh impossible to put a price point on it, so let’s discuss another major factor before we go down that road. Back then, I would have had to save my allowance for–well, let’s just say I’d probably still be saving. "Obviously the digital only version should be cheaper (maybe under £400). "Expect a price point somewhere between £400-500 for both models," said savvy analyst Paolo, of PP Foresight, speaking to The Sun. SONY'S top-secret price for the PlayStation 5 may finally have been revealed.

The PS5 Digital Edition costs $399.99. We’re talking a massive solid state drive (SSD) that will be up to 2 terabytes in size! I am imagining a somewhat significant price jump when it comes time for the PlayStation 5. and see what inflation rates will have to say on the matter.

Our first major factor is the economy and rate of inflation between now and the system’s release in roughly two or three years. To answer that, we turn to our favorite analyst, Michael Pachter. If the value of the dollar stays the same, or fluctuates only slightly, I would estimate a price range between five and six hundred dollars.

"The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. While it is low compared to the launch price, it could position the PS5 to sell for $499 as the newest console.

We’ll also need to look at the history of the PlayStation’s pricing, do some math, (yikes!) For the sake of you, my dear readers, I will once more tread that narrow path suspended above a black abyss of confusion and uncertainty. View our online Press Pack. Sadly, neither Microsoft nor Sony have confirmed pricing for either of their consoles – or even hinted at a range. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click here.

It’s common knowledge that console manufacturers sell systems at a loss in the beginning. Order the PS5 online and get your hands on the next-generation of gaming, the PlayStation 5. Of course, a dollar is always a dollar, but the actual value of it changes based on inflation. The PS5 Digital Edition price comes in at $399 (£359.99 / AU$599.95), $100 more expensive than Microsoft's own offering but we are talking about the full power of the PS5 here. In this exclusive interview with Wired magazine, the lead architect of the new system at Sony dropped a ton of info about the upcoming console from Sony, but he failed to mention anything about the price…. He’s not always right, but he comes pretty close more often than not. To me, this further enhances our $499 price point, as Microsoft made similar claims about the Xbox One X’s price point prior to its launch. Gamers get a cheaper console and Sony gets more consoles sold, win win. Because they can easily make that money up later through game and other sales. Choosing a digital-only console removes more than the ability to play games. His predictions are always interesting and worthy of discussion.

“I don’t think next gen consoles will be $500. The writer of the piece, Peter Rubin, tweeted about an exchange he had with Mark Cerny regarding the price of the new system: So, it sounds like it will be more than the PS4, but also within a reasonable range. We spoke to gadget expert Paolo Pescatore, who said the console will have a premium price, thanks to the slick new design and high performance. Best Buy features a strong assortment of new PS5 games for purchase and pre-order. I would love to see $399, but I find it hard to believe the new systems will go for that low. This is good for the games, because everything will be infinitely more advanced, however this also means that the PlayStation 5 will be jammed packed with expensive hardware to create those experiences. DIGITAL – $399 DISC – $499 Confirmed. When taking into account the 258.9 percent inflation rate between 1977 and 2013, the Atari 2600 cost the equivalent of $771 today.”. How low will the PS4 go before its successor is released? I wish but I probably won't be a able to afford one.

Of course, there's no way to verify this leak, and Sony hasn't revealed actual pricing. In this way, Microsoft just earned a new Xbox gamer who will purchase games for their Xbox One. I don’t know about you, but that seems like a steep price point for a console whose lasting legacy includes the likes of Pong.

Email us at tech@the-sun.co.uk, Woman praised for her reaction to stranger's baby 'hitting her during flight', Husband drowned in pool after 'hearing wife flirting when she butt-dialled him', Aldi shopper shares ‘genius’ trolley hack to speed up the checkout process, Man 'pointing rifle at schoolkids' shot by armed cops with rubber bullets, Michelle Keegan stuns in cropped polo top as she returns to Brassic set, ©News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. He added: "Watch out for some introductory bundles at launch.".

Eventually, the price came down to compete with the Xbox 360, but the fact of the matter was that Sony was losing money, even with the six hundred dollar price point. It’s smart to lower the price to get more people to buy the console. One of which is the fact that the PlayStation 4, unlike the PlayStation 3, isn’t utilizing any kind of recently released or overly expensive technology. Let’s look at the possibilities, shall we? Even so, this same price point at $499 and $399 for the digital only version is something others are also sharing. The PS5 costs $500 and the Digital Edition will set you back $400. It also depends on how low the price of the PS4 manages to go before the PS5 is released. DIGITAL – $399 DISC – $499 Confirmed. Everybody wanted it, but no one had it in stock. And according to the Twitter leak, the PS5 Digital Edition will cost $399/£349 at launch. Before we can look at the potential price point for the PS5, we need to look at the pricing trends Sony has used in the past. Video Games + PlayStation 5 + ... Price Price. It may not be the sole reason for Sony’s potential pricing, but it does play a factor, and it supports both Michael Pachter’s theory about the PS4 Pro price and our theory about the PS5’s ultimate release price. Roughly $399 when converted to the U.S. Dollar! Let’s assume the value of the dollar goes up, and inflation decreases, then we could see another price like the jump from PS1 to PS2 in which case the system would most likely cost four hundred dollars, just like the PS4.

This is a result of the gargantuan increase in technology that we are anticipating over the next few years. It is more powerful than the PlayStation 3, ten times more powerful according to Sony, but it uses established technologies that have achieved multiple methods and thus, less expensive methods of manufacturing.

They told investors on the call that they’re focus is on “market penetration and market acceptability.” Taking away the flowery terminology, this essentially means that they are going to price it in a way that doesn’t shock the average consumer. It is no secret that gaming is an expensive hobby. The PS5 Digital Edition plays only digital games. What can we expect the PS5 Price to be? If you’ve been a long time reader here on PS5 Gamers, then you know we like to cover industry analyst Michael Pachter’s predictions as they are both relevant and interesting. The price? That being said, the form that the PS5 takes will drastically change the ultimate price point. Then there’s going to be a “Core Experience” that will offer the basics that casual gamers will need to enjoy the PlayStation experience. At the time, Blu-Ray was just beginning to hit the scene. The PS3 launched at $600 and it flopped. Of course, nothing is certain right now, with Paolo warning that the global health crisis might cause stock limitations. "They’re playing a game of chicken to see who blinks first," said Pachter, of Wedbush Securities, speaking to The Sun. Should we start saving up now?

While we wait for concrete information, check out the rest of our early clues below!

Well, as mentioned earlier, there are a number of factors that contributed to this price point. Price “How much does the PS5 Digital Edition cost?” many gamers wonder. Take Microsoft for example. Sony takes a percentage of the sales for every game you buy on the PS4 or PS4 Pro. Then of course we have outlier: the PlayStation 3. This is less likely though, considering the current state of affairs in our economy and government. For example, a dollar today is worth far less than a dollar two decades ago.