Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. This was wonderful.

Amount is based on available nutrient data. I quickly lowered the heat to 300, then 200, and still it was done much earlier than I expected, the entire cooking time was under 90 mins. You can also slice fresh mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, saute in butter, and add to your favorite canned or jarred beef gravy. Roast in oven for 60 minutes (20 minutes per pound). 325ºF: WEIGHT ROASTING TIME INTERNAL TEMP. It was moist and cooked great at 375. This is a very simple and good recipe. A 4- to 6-pound whole tenderloin roast cooks 45 to 60 minutes total. This produces a "one pot meal" and is often passed on a platter. Throw out your timer, watch the temp instead. This roast, however, will not produce any gravy. Roasting a beef is not an exact science nor are the cooking times exact...keep trying! But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish.

), The Secret Science of Solving Crossword Puzzles, Racist Phrases to Remove From Your Mental Lexicon. Is the Coronavirus Crisis Increasing America's Drug Overdoses? But if you like your meat closer to medium-rare, I agree with the reviewer who said USE A MEAT THERMOMETER. We suggest planning 30 additional minutes. Remove … Temperatures and Times. If roast is untied, tie at 3 inch intervals with cotton twine. Roast Beef Cooking Times: {Timetable & Tips} Preheat the oven first. First, "Roast Beef" (this recipe) and second "Pot Roast."

This is a great recipe for anyone who wants a simple pot roast that isn't too much work and doesn't have to cook too long, but if you are wanting a more tender and more flavorful one, i suggest trying a different recipe.

Please don't pass this up because of reviews saying cooking this way will result in a tough dinner - they surely didn't try it. I was making roast beef fot the first time looking for guidance, and this was helpful, but flawed in my opinion. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. It's a nice, fairly inexpensive cut for feeding a crowd, and the simple seasoning used here is perfect. The secret is in the time cooked. 20 minutes per pound at 375 degrees. This is what you need to make Roast Beef Manhattan. The pot may be in the oven, on the stove, or a slow cooker. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). I think 375 at 20 mins/lb would produce a very well done piece of meat, so if that's what you like, go for it. Not everyone likes a bloody roast. However, the oven temp and cooking time didn't work for me.

How To Cook Roast Beef Cut and Quality. Regardless of the size of your roast, always cook at 375 degrees, for 20 minutes per pound. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition