11). Mirella’s dad suggested going for lunch at Trikrina (also spelled as Tríkrēno in maps), a family-run tavern and butchery (shameless plug). Joanie is the author of "The Ultimate Cooking For One Cookbook" and her recipes and food photography have been featured in various publications including, TODAY.com, Huffington Post, Real Simple, Self.com,Women’s Day, Buzzfeed, and others. The Recipe: Rosemary Butternut Squash (or Sweet Potato) “Fries” Tips and what you will need: a good sharp knife (my favorite) and a “Y” peeler are essential for working with butternut squash. We are Mirella & Panos, aka Little Cooking Tips. They will cook better this way. Hey Linda, trying these out tonight and will comment tomorrow once i have attempted them. Cut into fry shapes about 3" by 14" and place on a parchment covered cookie sheet.

I loved it. - 60ml (1/4 cup) balsamic vinegar This is a lake that was artificially formed to avoid the flooding of the river Doksa which was causing problems to the farmers of the plateau. Please subscribe to The Organic Kitchen News and you will get the latest recipes, special offers and more! It was peaceful and calm, and one could only hear the birds chirping. Serve them as a side for roasted turkey or chicken, as a salad, or as a meal on its own with some sour cream of Greek yogurt! We should have loved it but I think I figured out the problem. 7, pic.

Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated! To get there, we had to use a dirt road for a few kilometers, which slowed us down quite a bit, but the beautiful scenery definitely makes up for the lack of comfort.

The quantity of the ingredients in the recipe is enough to serve 6-8 people as a side or a salad, or 4 people as a main, with a side of sour cream and bread. Never had them as fries, can’t wait to give this a try!!

This recipe is cooked rather high and long. Gavi, Piedmont, Italy. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil. A really delicious side dish of roasted vegetables that's very quick to make! When everything is mixed together well, empty the bowl in a large metallic roasting pan-baking dish (pic.

Supposedly just taking a whiff of this aromatic plant improves your memory…but I can’t remember where I read that…, Besides the fact that it’s my favorite veggie here are some things you should know: BNS is loaded with vitamin A, tastes very sweet, lasts forever sitting on your counter, is completely versatile (bake it, fry it, roast it, puree it) and when you buy it at the store it looks like this….

Avoid cutting the squash and the potatoes into larger than 3cm/1in pieces.

- 800g / 28oz (4-5 small or 2 large) sweet potatoes (classic orange-flesh) Oven-roasted butternut squash and sweet potatoes The recipe we wanted to share in this post, is the one that we cooked on numerous occasions this fall and winter. This roasted sweet potatoes and butternut squash dish is flavorful, easy to make, and so pretty to serve. Pasta with roasted squash and sweet potato, The Waitrose & Partners farm, Leckford Estate, 350 g Waitrose Ready Diced Butternut and Sweet Potato, 1 large sprig fresh rosemary, chopped (plus 1 for garnishing), 50g Cornish Larder Mature English Goat's Cheese. It became a magnificent mountain lake, at an altitude of almost 1 km above sea level. Wake up to this protein packed healthy breakfast using leftover baked potatoes with this Rosemary Butternut Squash and Potato Hash. For this recipe, also prefer using the white-flesh yellow onions (see the photos below) that are a bit sweet when cooked. After cutting into ‘fry’ shape, drizzle with olive oil, toss in sea salt, pepper and fresh rosemary and bake on a parchment covered cookie sheet. These look delicious + that burger has been salivating before 10am! Thank you for rating this recipe. You can taste all the varieties and choose which one you like; the people are more than welcome to provide you with samples and nutritional information. Then turn the squash so that the bottom end sits on the surface.

xo. Add the In this post, we wanted to share our experiences from some of the other places in the area that one can also visit (by car). 14). You can also serve this as a main dish for vegetarians, adding a little sour cream on your plate and serving it with fresh crusty bread, as we mentioned before. As for the BNS fries (and the jalapeno turkey burgers), WOW. I toss both the sweet potatoes and the butternut squash into a large bowl and combine them with curry powder, turmeric cinnamon, ginger, salt, pepper and olive oil. It’s a delicious side dish for chicken or turkey, you can serve it in a large plate as a salad, you can put it in your favorite sandwiches, or you can also have it on its own, as a light meal with some sour cream and/or fresh crusty bread. Your pictures make slicing and peeling a butternut so easy. Thanks!

These look so yummy! To learn more about how we use the cookies, please see our cookies policy, This site requires JavaScript for certain features to work, but this This is a tried and true recipe that we have tested again and again and fine-tuned over the years, so be prepared to taste some of the best roasted vegetables ever. 15). There are still 3 large butternut squash in the basement from last year's garden and it's May here in Colorado so I'm always on the lookout for good squash recipes. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. We used Greek extra virgin olive oil, but since this may be a bit expensive abroad, you can use any good olive oil that you have at your pantry. With these two tools peeling and cutting a butternut squash is a piece of cake! I think if I try this again I will stir in the garlic halfway through the cooking. 17) and arrange in a single layer (pic.

Yum! Dry marjoram in teabags can also be use, as long as it doesn’t have other ingredients. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. - 300g / 10oz (2 medium-sized) yellow onions I admit that my kids would NEVER eat these, but they’re away for the weekend, so I’m going to try squash this way. Place the squash pieces in a bowl large enough to accommodate all the vegetables of the recipe. This seems to make this job easier. If serving these fries with a simple main course like rotisserie chicken, I highly recommend using rosemary.

Your email address will not be published. These sound so yummy!

If you’re using plump sweet potatoes, and not the thinner, longer ones that we used in this recipe, then slice them in half lengthwise, and slice again each half lengthwise, so that each potato is cut into 4 strips. You saved Rosemary Roasted Butternut Squash to your. I cooked it along with my roasted chicken on a side dish and it was ready in about 35 mins ,Will make it again.

Unfortunately, most fries are not good for you. The second time I made it I did use about triple the amount of butternut squash so I had to cook it for close to 1-1/2 hrs.

I shy away from butternut squash because it’s encased in armor, but your tips worked. 5. Everything was spread out in one layer on a baking sheet, so it was ready in just half an hour. Rosemary is an herb that compliments potatoes and butternut squash really well. In order to add a Mediterranean flavor in the recipe, we used original balsamic vinegar from Modena, Italy which is an amazing ingredient. - 2 teaspoons dry thyme I am also on IG for my second blog under cookwithmedarling. The email addresses you've entered will not be stored and will only be used to send this email. Had this with our lunch today – delicious, as I suspected. tender. This is also a recipe that’s naturally vegan, as it doesn’t contain anything made from animals. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. Working with butternut squash can be difficult unless you have the right tools.

If you can get some in your area, chose the real thing and buy Modena’s balsamic vinegar, which is usually also affordable. The butternut squash and the sweet potatoes bake quickly and by roasting them in the oven, the edges become crisp and slightly charred while the center remains soft. But if serving alongside something really flavorful like these Jalapeño Turkey Burgers I say skip the rosemary and use straight up sea salt and pepper. Let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour. According to mythology, this is where Hercules defeated the Stymphalian birds, which were man-eating metallic birds that terrorized the people in the area (what a strange myth!). We bought a jar of exquisite heather honey, which was as natural as it gets. Please read my disclosure. This is the lake mentioned in the sixth labour of Hercules. Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. 6). This recipe was first published in December 2009.

1. This is concentrated vinegar that is aged in wooden barrels for years, and the longer it is aged, the sweeter and less acidic it becomes. Slice in half lengthwise and then cut those into 2-3cm/0.5-1in pieces (pic. They are fantastic too and come out crispier than the butternut squash. Then spread in a single layer on cookie sheet and place in oven for 40-50 minutes until squash is cooked and edges are brown. Add the slices in the bowl with the squash and the sweet potatoes. We brought these home, to cook with, and used them in our Christmas table using the following delicious recipe. To clean the roasting pan from burned residue afterwards, which we know that it’s always a pain, here’s our tip: soak it in warm soapy water overnight.

Drizzle olive oil generously on top of vegetables; season with salt and pepper. PS. pasta and cook according to pack instructions until just But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Roasted Baby Carrots with Honey and Ginger. Always prefer the longer and thinner potatoes over the plump, round ones. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. 3. We stayed in the shores of the lake for a few hours, to relax and enjoy the magnificent views to the mountains and the picturesque setting and then we went to visit the small villages in the south. What a clever idea. Just cut a few bags and empty them in a small mason jar. - 1 teaspoon ground pepper Add in the goat’s cheese and pine nuts and toss Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group.

So, we skipped the carrots for this recipe. These look so delicious!

Info. . Rosemary is one of the most used herbs on the planet.

Definitely need to try this meal out soon! Your information will *never* be shared or sold to a 3rd party. I always think of sweet potatoes, and I love this idea of using amazing squash, especially in the winter!