Also mention must be made of the ever strong and exemplary playing of Steve’s marvellous band, with Jonas Reingold proving to be a fine replacement for Nick Beggs, whilst he is touring with Steven Wilson. Genesis Revisited Band & Orchestra: Live At The Royal Festival Hall, Bass, Pedalboard [Bass Pedals], Guitar [Variax], Twelve-String Guitar, Vocals, Saxophone, Woodwind, Percussion, Vocals, Pedalboard [Bass Pedals], (2xCD, Album + DVD-V, Multichannel, NTSC + Blu-ray), (2xCD, Album + DVD-V, Multichannel, NTSC), Sony Music Entertainment International Services GmbH, Tutte le versioni di questa pubblicazione, Compra CD, Matrix / Runout (CD1): SonyMusic[Logo] 57328061/19075988582-1 21, Matrix / Runout (CD2): SonyMusic[Logo] 57328058/19075988582-2 21, Matrix / Runout (BR Inner Ring): 57328054/19075988582 DO 21, Matrix / Runout (BR Outer Ring): 57328055/19075988582 D 22. Same track list. There’s a Japanese edition with obi. Blood On The Rooftops

All these years down the line and suddenly you’ve got the chance to do 8 dates up and down the country, with 2 dates in London, with an orchestra plus a group. The Publicity Connection – Website | Facebook. John Hackett – Flute (Bridgaewater Hall)** The effect of band with orchestra was quite magnificent and justified Steve’s vision of how Genesis’ music could, and should, sound. Complete your Steve Hackett With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra collection. Of course, Steve, his band and the orchestra would not be allowed to leave without an encore and what better than another early classic, The Musical Box. I don’t think I am alone in this, as the Manchester audience were beaming and full of praise for this truly remarkable and special moment.

Roger King’s keyboard work on Firth Of Fifth was a personal highlight.

"Mirage" is the fourth…, Steve Hackett – Selling England By the Pound & Spectral Mornings: Live at Hammersmith. SET LIST El Niño Following in the stylistic footsteps of Hackett's 1997 release, A Midsummer Night's Dream, the best bits on the all-instrumental Metamorpheus are when Hackett's nylon-stringed guitar is pushed to the forefront, as evidenced by the album opener, "The Pool of Memory and the Pool of Forgetfulness" (possibly the album's best track), as well as "That Vast Life." “There’s a great atmosphere,” he said, “something that comes from the audience, not the stage.”, The second set began with …In That Quiet Earth leading, naturally, into Afterglow, more classic Genesis. To close the first set, Steve returned to his electric guitar for a shortened instrumental version of Shadow Of The Hierophant from his first solo album Voyage Of The Acolyte. Catch one of the remaining shows if you can, however if you are unable to, there is soon to be a live CD/DVD set due out, and then you will be able to witness these extraordinary songs given the treatment and care they are so worthy of. Many artists use string sections for their concerts now, and a few have used orchestras, but this marriage of rock band and orchestra was an absolute triumph in every sense. The Heart Of England Orchestra Steve then stepped up to the microphone to take the lead vocal for Serpentine Song. Note Pre-orders from Steve Hackett's website came with a signed booklet. Serpentine Song++/** Over the years, Hackett has more than proven his talent for playing demanding rock-based song structures, but as evidenced throughout Metamorpheus, he is an exceptional classical guitarist as well. Gary O’Toole Drums, Percussion & Backing Vocals Steve Hackett ‎– Genesis Revisited Band & Orchestra: Live At The Royal Festival Hall Sello: Inside Out Music ‎– IOMCD 537, Sony Music ‎– 19075996322, Wolfwork Records ‎– IOMCD 537

Dancing With The Moonlit Knight

The set list was chosen with care so that all the major songs were covered, including a storming version of Supper’s Ready which certainly deserved the second standing ovation of the evening, (the first being after Firth Of Fifth).

Steve certainly enjoyed this opportunity to present classic Genesis and solo numbers with the added depth and musical presence that an orchestra gives. My brother John is here tonight and this is a song about my dad, and his dad.”. That’s a powerful statement. This has never been more evident than on his 2005 release, Metamorpheus, which sees Hackett playing alongside the Underworld Orchestra -- comprised of violin, cello, double bass, flute, and horns. ~ with

The Steppes As always his guitar playing, apart from suffering a few sound gremlins early on, was excellent and powerful.

The orchestra was such, that power was there when needed, whilst subtle touches were applied at other times, and it was this attention to detail that made this performance so very impressive. Steve himself seemed genuinely happy to be there and enjoying himself immensely, and it must have been very satisfying for him to see this vision come to life. Amanada Lehmann – Vocal (Bridgaewater Hall)++, LINKS This is the latest U.K. tour of the Genesis Revisited extravaganza that Steve Hackett and his band have been undertaking and touring around the world. Afterglow Another one not to miss! Complete your Steve Hackett & The Underworld Orchestra collection. I went to one of the London shows and lost all the hearing in my right ear a day later which I don’t blame Steve for but the pass pedals generated frequencies which made your entire skeleton rattle so it may have been a contributing factor. “We have a slightly bigger band than normal,” quipped Steve Hackett, “and we’re going to do it properly!” The bigger band included The Heart Of England Orchestra and it was revisiting material from Steve’s time as the guitarist with the legendary Genesis up to the present. Jonas Reingold – Bass & Backing Vocal

“This is probably the one and only time I’ll ever tour with an orchestra – unless it goes so well! His delicate intro to Blood On The Rooftops was exquisite, complemented by a great vocal from Gary. Despite having a more restricted stage area the band were firing on all cylinders, with Rob Townsend providing his usual comic support with his flute, bells and whistles.

Although he made a name for himself as the guitarist for prog rockers Genesis and mainstream rockers GTR, Steve Hackett also possesses an admiration of tranquil, classical guitar-based work. …In That Quiet Earth Dance On A Volcano

A factor which obviously reduces the overall cost, although this in no way reflects on the quality of musicianship they provide, I must add.