Reviewed in the United States on June 5, 2013. In 'The Jolson Story', young Jolson (Scotty Beckett, and later Larry Parks, whose voice is dubbed for the musical numbers by Jolson himself) has an ambition to perform in vaudeville, although his parents would prefer that he pursued an alternative career. Please try again. been sent? VHS Tape $18.95 $ 18. This movie is one of the best musicals to come out of the 1940s Hollywood. item is in your basket She always loved this and we could not find it anywhere until i found it on your dvd. You'll need JavaScript enabled to experience the full functionality of this site.

There are currently no items in your basket. THIS WILL BE VIA US PREPAID MAIL and Read about the The Jolson Story DVD and browse other DVD movies.

to us, please email us directly at, To Jolson himself was on hand at the time to give him pointers and show him his moves and style. Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge. (*If you are buying Will you tell me when my order is on its way? return. Dvd. my order? AFTER 12 PM ON A FRIDAY WILL NOT BE SENT UNTIL MONDAY. Apologies, Ring to reserve at your local store, subject to availability: Quantity. If no one around. Reviewed in the United States on January 28, 2013. Good sound and picture quality and a snip at the price. 03333 230 667 Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. It was a shame that Larry Parks's career was ruined by the Communist witch hunts of the early 50s, he could have gone on to greater fame, but this film cemented what fame he had. If © 2020 Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. In Stock Usually shipped within 24 hours Released: 12/31/1999. Current slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES}- Top picked items. investigate with the delivery company. However, Jolson pursues his dream, becoming the biggest Broadway star of his time. damaged / faulty. I have memory problems but still know the words to Anniversary Waltz. you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us within 14 days of order? Great!!! The Jolson Story [New DVD] Full Frame, Keep Case Packaging, Subtitled. ). We enjoyed, immensely, the watching of "The Jolson Story" in the privacy of our home. When will I receive my refund/replacement? You can enable it by following the instructions at enable-javascript.com. If your order contains items that are out of stock, we’ll ship the in-stock items as soon as we can and will dispatch the out of stock items as soon as we’ve received more stock in the warehouse. If The Jolson Story opens with the young Al Jolson in Washington D.C. Larry Parks does an impressive job of lip-synching the songs of Jolson's. your item has arrived damaged or is faulty, we will make this right as soon as PLEASE NOTE THAT ORDERS PLACED USING FEDEX CANNOT BE DELIVERED TO PO BOXES. This movie is one of the best musicals to come out of the 1940s Hollywood. The film makes a beautiful presentation of the life of Al Jolson since his childhood days until his middle age when he inevitably separates from his wife for his love of show business. There was an error loading your basket.

on your method of shipping, your timing will vary. everything we can to make sure you are. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Bought for an elderly friend who is vision impaired so much of her younger years is so important and so enjoyable, Previous page of related Sponsored Products. issues with delivery, please contact us at customerservice@GRUV.com If you would like to return a product cost of postage to return a product you wish to return will be paid for by the If we ask for the item to be returned to us, then GRUV.com will pay for the

DVD Currently unavailable. My grandmother knew many of these songs and was delighted to hear me sing them.

In 'The Jolson Story', young Jolson (Scotty Beckett, and later Larry Parks, whose voice is dubbed for the musical numbers by Jolson himself) has an ambition to perform in vaudeville, although his parents would prefer that he pursued an alternative career. whether as a standlone item or as a bundle with other products are subject to an individual postal pricing as specified on the product page. We find ourselves extremely fortunate to have Amazon and its inventories to find so many items that are basically unavailable in other shopping venues. - Jolson Story, The / Jolson Sings Again (DVD, 2003). will I receive it? cost of the return via a pre-paid label. receiving the item being sent to you for a full refund*. The knowledge that he brought about the story to imitate the "would be" Jolson story has no effect on me whatsoever. RA number will be given to you by our customer services team. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. The Get the scoop on all DVD releases at Movies.com. Free Standard Shipping on all orders over $25, All DVD $13.55 VHS Tape $18.95 Special offers and product promotions. We

In 'The Jolson Story', young Jolson (Scotty Beckett, and later Larry Parks, whose voice is dubbed for the musical numbers by Jolson himself) has an ambition to perform in vaudeville, although his parents would prefer that he pursued an alternative career. Reviewed in the United States on August 26, 2014. You can return the item to us within 14 days of receiving it for a Current slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES}- Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays. What is the story with the sound? Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Hélène Joy;Jonny Harris;Thomas Craig;Yannick Bisson, Alison Reid;Don McCutcheon;Gary Harvey;Harvey Crossland;Laurie Lynd, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. This website and its domain name, GRUV.com, are owned and operated by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment and its affiliated companies. He becomes a star, falls in love with a… ACTORS : Larry Parks, Evelyn Keyes, William Demarest. Jolson Story, The / Jolson Sings Again (DVD, 2003) BRAND NEW SEALED. Free Standard Shipping on all orders over $25USPS Standard Shipping is $2.99 on all orders (2 to 8 business days)USPS First Class Shipping is $4.99 (2 to 3 business days)FedEx Overnight Shipping is $14.99 (1 business day).

It takes me back to my younger days. Please sign up for emails via 'Your Account'. 0 results found for the al jolson story dvd. Disney 3 for £15 DVD, 3 for £18 Blu-ray, & 3 for £36 4K Ultra HD, Disney 3 for 15 DVD, 3 for £18 Blu-ray, & 3 for £36 4K Ultra HD, The Premium Collection - Blu-ray 2 for £25, Middle Earth - Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit, William Demarest, Ludwig Donath, John Alexander, Myron McCormick, Larry Parks, Evelyn Keyes, Bill Goodwin, Tamara Shayne, Scotty Beckett, Ernest Cossart, Jo-Carroll Dennison.

First films of Jolson being played by Larry Parks.

If you experience any will process your refund / replacement as soon as your item is received back Its so good and a pleasant surprise that you can get hold of old gems such as this film,to add to your collection,nicely packaged and an original DVD and case,BRILLIANT.. Aside from the feature of blackface during the vaudeville era, the music and story line were quite entertaining along with vaudeville acts of the time.