WORD OF CAUTION: I totally overbeat the Mascarpone and Egg Yolks. Adapted from Gordon Ramsay’s recipe, Time to make: 20 minutes This photo alone makes me want to try a more “traditional” tiramisu!

If you try it I’d love to hear what you thought! For this, I would probably fill the water line up to 6 cups (remember, it doesn’t measure 8 ounce cups, but smaller!) I am a big follower of your blog. Menu tips, recipe ideas, prep timelines, and more! Anyway, thanks for the recipe – another success! Would you still want to if the head chef is like Gordon Ramsay?

Followed the instructions to a tee but used decaf coffee and omitted the espresso. First, thank you for the recipe, will try it out. Kirsten, Belinda @zomppa Thank you very much. The original version of tiramisu was NON-ALCOHOLIC! This looks wonderful! Some have said my Tiramisu (thanks to your website!) Thanks brown eyed baker!

I did not substitute Kahlua, and noticed the Italian chef on youtube used Baileys. About to start making this. For everyone having issue with the cost of the mascarpone – if you have access to a Trader Joe’s they have 8oz for $3. Time to chill: 1 hour, • 250g mascarpone cheese August 7, 2012, 4:01 am. I think that’s for show too…on Master Chef, he is far kinder and really quite encouraging! I’ve got to get on that asap!

Sue/the view from great island kayte – Thanks! maybe put them in the oven?

August 11, 2012, 12:17 pm. Ahhh!

MasterChef top 8 behind the scenes - airs tonight 7:30pm. As it is expensive I wonder about making a slight change to using more whipping cream?

Making it for the first time tomorrow. YAY! P.S.

Thanks so much! Hi Michelle, do you know how many calories this tiramisu recipe would contain? I used this recipe and it was soo good! Hi Sue, Are you referring to step #4?

I can’t believe there’s raw egg yolks in it though? Hope you enjoy! Best cooking recipes, introduction into Healthy Dinning.

Transfer bowl to standing mixer fitted with whisk attachment, add mascarpone, and beat at medium speed until no lumps remain, 30 to 45 seconds.

I use Bailey’s Irish Cream (minis) as my choice of liquor. An excellent recipe – so important to heat eggs!

Why a bakery??? Thanks again!

http://www.pastryaffair.com/blog/2012/4/24/homemade-mascarpone.html

Beautiful pictures. Have you watched their video on how to make it?? I have tried making tiramisu with yolks that have been tempered with hot syrup. I told him maybe it was a Cassata cake and he had no idea what I was talking about.

Looks absolutely gorgeous…but I’m going to halve the recipe to fit a 8×8 inch pan instead :) will post back on da results!

I love the modification you made and ended up using Kahlua instead of rum as well, except that I accidentally used all 9 tablespoons.

Hey Michelle!!

If so, yes, you are to dip half of the ladyfingers called for into the coffee mixture. If you make it, I hope you enjoy it! Set the bowl with yolks over a medium saucepan containing 1 inch of gently simmering water; cook, constantly scraping along bottom and sides of bowl with heatproof rubber spatula, until mixture coats back of spoon and registers 160 degrees on instant-read thermometer, 4 to 7 minutes.

Enjoy! My mums birthday is on xmas day – this cake was an absolute winner!