🍏 See the complete recipe below for details.

I’ve tried baking with many GF flours and often get a gummy texture, which my kids are turned off from.

I actually just got an e-mail from a reader who has created an awesome baking substitute guide. Fold in cranberries, nuts or any other add-ins to the batter. These look fluffy and healthy! Recipe by sharon.carnevale. It's healthy too so I made it for breakfast once :) 10 People talking Join In Now Join the conversation! I appreciate the help.

Carrot cake recipes are some of my favourites.

This vegan muffins recipe is a breakfast-approved twist of one of your all-time favorite recipes.

), it is secretly full of so much sugar, fat, and empty calories that you might as well be eating a Snickers bar.. So sad, your cake seems to be good! Enjoy!

Fresh vegan recipes delivered straight to your inbox plus a FREE Vegan Dessert E-Book with over 40 recipes! With the mixer on low, slowly add the confectioners’ sugar and mix until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients mentioned from the flour to raisins.

Am I really doing this?

PLANT BASED Set aside.

I use the bob’s red mill gluten-free blend and add in xantham gum so the texture doesn’t come out gummy. I love hearing from you! Hi Jayne – good question. Your email address will not be published. Being a November baby, it was still the one I always picked. You know, I had my fling … It’s absolutely delicious and this vegan version is over-the-top scrumptious!

Frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or using a hand mixer), beat together cream cheese and butter for 90 seconds, or until smooth. ★☆ NEW MOM These cupcakes are naturally vegan and made with overall healthy ingredients like . I decided to cut out all meat, eggs and dairy overnight and waking up that next morning felt like a dream. And those swirly sweet clouds of frosting on top <3 I would happily have these at all of my celebrations! If yes, what are the proportions (measures)? Gently fold in the shredded carrots. Add in the non-dairy milk and applesauce and stir to combine. At times I wondered if my new lifestyle would ever feel normal or easy. I started the blog after a spontaneous trip to India where I studied the practice of yoga and wellness.

This recipe is the best Vegan Carrot Cake recipe I've ever tasted. In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Healthy Moist Carrot Muffins with Applesauce lets you enjoy carrot cake for breakfast! Get exclusive recipes delivered straight to your inbox plus a FREE iTunes Vegan Desserts E-book with over 40 Recipes! The frosting turned out spot on! ★☆, Hello, Jessica. Carrot cake recipes are some of my favourites. Posted by Gabrielle in Cakes, Cooking, Easter, Sweets, Thanksgiving | 0 comments . Everything taste so much better and once you figure out “how” things work, you would be crazy to ever go back! In a bowl mix together the shredded carrot, coconut sugar and vanilla.

Keywords: vegan carrot cake, vegan cupcakes, Tag @choosingchia on Instagram and hashtag it #choosingchia, posted by Jessica Hoffman on ★☆

Thanks in advance! Hello & Happy Tuesday!! Mix both together just until combined then divide evenly between a muffin pan lined with muffin liners, Using just the cream on the top of the can. While this cake is perfectly delish just as is, if you prefer your cake with a little something extra, why not drizzle the top with a simple lemon glaze icing (see notes in the recipe below) or slather on some of our luscious vegan lemon cream cheese frosting. Leave a comment or take a picture and tag #theconscientiouseater on Instagram! (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.

These cupcakes are naturally vegan and made with overall healthy ingredients like spelt flour, apple sauce and coconut cream. Thank you Gemma!

Required fields are marked *. Would my dessert cravings ever go away? I haven’t prepared this particular recipe without using butter, but if I did, I would replace it with 1/2 cup (more) applesauce.🍎 Love to hear if you give it a try! The frosting should be very thick. I am a very picky eater and I love this cake! They are the perfect Easter treat:), Wow Jess! Preheat your oven to 350F/180C and grease 15-18 muffin tins with cooking spray or use.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients mentioned from the flour to raisins. .

In fact, this delicious dessert is so popular there is an official day dedicated to it – National Applesauce Cake Day which occurs annually on June 6th.

I’m a huge carrot cake fan too;) And how great is coconut whipped cream? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Since Easter is approaching I knew I had to do a vegan Carrot Cake Cupcake!! I also learned a lot of tips and tricks to make dairy and egg-free baking easy.

In a large bowl or using a mixer, combine the applesauce, vanilla, vegan margarine, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, flour, and soy milk until well mixed. I’m sure there was also a lot of shuddering when I tried to explain to my friends and family what I was going to eat and where I was going to get my protein. Would traveling be possible eating a plant-based diet? Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes (Orange and Walnut) Updated Mar 21, 2019 / Published: Nov 29, 2016 / This post may contain affiliate links.

Stir the mixture well. What the heck am I gonna eat for breakfast?!?! It was fun to make them for a celebration and have everyone love them! Add the powdered sugar, vegan butter, orange juice and orange essence to an electric mixing bowl and starting slow gradually increase speed until the frosting is thick and smooth. Don’t overmix the batter. Mix until thoroughly combined and smooth. There’s nothing quite like enjoying a cup of coffee or tea with a slice of this wonderfully sweet, lightly spicy and deliciously moist applesauce cake. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.

Vegan Old Fashioned Applesauce Cake 🍏 We’ve updated a beloved family recipe by creating the perfect marriage of apples, spice and everything nice using all vegan ingredients in this scrumptiously moist & delicious cake. Continue mixing on medium-high speed for 3-4 minutes. If preparing these cupcakes in advance, prepare the cupcakes first and store them in the fridge, then make the whipped topping right before serving. Posted by Gabrielle in Cakes, Cooking, Easter, Sweets, Thanksgiving | 0 comments .

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, please consider rating it using stars in the comments below.

My husband and my kids (ages 7, 6, and 2) also love it. While this does keep it simple and makes it virtually foolproof (and a great vegan cake recipe for new vegans or anyone new to baking to try), it also means that this carrot cake isn't super light and fluffy.

Add the oil, apple sauce, egg replacers, syrup, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and salt. Few aromas are more enticing than the welcoming scent of baked apples, cinnamon and nutmeg wafting from the kitchen.

Hello & Happy Tuesday!! Please read my disclosure policy. Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl and the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl. Thank you!

Ground Flax Meal – Combine one tablespoon flax meal (ground flax seed) with 3 tablespoons water per egg – which would be a total of 2 tbsps flax meal & 6 tbsp water since this recipe requires the equivalent of 2 eggs. Whip the cream up in a mixer as you would regular whipped cream. Placing the coconut milk in the fridge overnight will help the coconut cream and coconut liquid separate, and you should be left with a thick cream at the top of the can. You need to make sure to use full-fat coconut milk and a good quality brand that isn’t watered down. I may earn from purchases at no additional cost to you.

Great recipe for Easter Jess x. Hi Tania, thank you!

I don’t like using it. While we’ll be celebrating indoors, Easter is still coming! Seriously, gluten-free baking is not something I’ve mastered yet. In my opinion, these Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cashew Frosting are a healthier version of carrot cake.

Choosing Chia is a blog all about healthy vegetarian recipes that are easy to follow, taste delicious and focus on wholesome ingredients. ★☆ Soda Water – Use 1/4 cup carbonated water per egg (1/2 cup total for this recipe). , Tried them yesterday for my birthday party, absolutely delicious. (and I’m just so glad I did).

But that's okay—it's carrot cake, after all, and not angel food cake (which is supposed to be light and fluffy). Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cashew Cream Frosting Loving It Vegan apple cider vinegar, gluten free all purpose flour, vanilla, brown sugar and 16 more Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Grandma's Recipes Made Gluten Free And that substitution guide is really comprehensive.

Add the carrots and walnuts, gently folding them in to combine well. Baking vegan (and GF for me!) One of the things I love about it is the variety of ingredients you can add to the basic batter. It's okay if the batter is slightly lumpy.

Carrot cake is my absolute favourite , Hi Jess! Tried this recipe? For more carrot recipes, be sure to try these Carrot Cake Cookies and this Vegan Carrot Cake. Distribute the batter between your muffins cups. Imagine what else you can add? You want to use just this cream! ★☆. I gravitate towards all things vanilla and cinnamon more so than any flavor profile, including chocolate!

Bake cupcakes at 350° F for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with little to no crumbs. I really hope they work out. If you prefer a carrot cake without walnuts, leave them out (and sprinkle them on top of the frosting, rather than in the cake).

Would I give in to the stress and pressure and go back to eating meat, eggs, and dairy? Then we tasted it. A good coconut whipped cream comes down to four main elements: Light coconut milk or cartons of coconut milk will NOT whip up into coconut cream. Do you think coconut sugar would be sweet enough? Distribute the batter between your muffins cups.

Hope they work for you Olivia! Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.

Juliana. The original recipe was found on recipe.com, Total Carbohydrate Learn how your comment data is processed. Add applesauce to wet ingredients. Thanks for answering, Jessica. October 21, 2020 by Connie Edwards McGaughy 5 Comments. While we’ll be celebrating indoors, Easter is still coming! Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe

It's okay if the batter is slightly lumpy. I’m in love with these little beauties! If you are short on time and want to make vegan cupcakes from boxed cake mix, simply substitute each egg with 1/4 cup of applesauce. Frost your vegan carrot cake with a vegan cream cheese frosting. Grease a 9-inch spring form pan with spray oil. Add the oil, apple sauce, egg replacers, syrup, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and salt. I literally had some minor panic attacks the first few days after I went vegan. Set aside. Jolinda Hackett has written five books about plant-based cooking and has developed hundreds of vegan and vegetarian recipes. I used less sugar and omitted the additional dried fruit and nuts for my taste, but overall great recipe .