Great recipe for lemon curd. I make a gingerbread cake with lemon curd and blackberry sauce trifle that I would like to make gluten free vegan. Do you love cheesecakes? Sorry the recipe wasn’t to your liking. Best, Erika. I’ve been craving lemon bars for a while now and I want to make this without sugar. Refrigerate the mixture afterwards.

Is this missing a flax egg? You can swap the coconut cream for soy, oat or cashew cream; or if you are in the UK then the Elmlea Plant Double cream (not single) would be perfect.

Required fields are marked *, I have read and accepted the Privacy Policy *. Will this be okay using stevia baking blend, or would you recommend a different sugar replacement. This has answered all of my prayers, haha.

That’s cool — so happy you’re enjoying it :), Yes I will try the cashews thank you so much. This looks delicious! As always, I highly recommend weighing your ingredients using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup conversions. ★☆ Scale 1x 2x 3x

While the pie crust is baking you can work on the vegan lemon curd filling. Sunflower seeds would probably work well too. After tasting your curd, I added the extra 1/3 cup juice and didn’t even have to add more sweetener. I think a nut butter would be a good replacement. Great bars! I am excited to feature this in one of my posts, 10 Best Vegan Lemon Desserts. Tasted fabulous! They would add a little texture and it would look like thick poppy seeds. Oh my god! I just love how cute lemon curd looks, and I love its intense flavor so much. Lemon juice and zest: Fresh really is best. I keep reading lots of mixed reviews on Amazon about bad tasting ones. the hunt for a vegan lemon tart recipe continues…. Glad I could help, Sam! About the coconut flour though — it acts extremely differently to any other flour out there because it’s so absorbent, so I don’t have a straight substitution to give you because it would really require some experimentation. I laughed reading your comment because that’s my typical response too when I find a non-stevia recipe :). Hi Lisa. Gently transfer the pastry to the dish and press it right into the corners. Possible to use something other than coconut oil? SOY-FREE Cream Layer: 320 ml (1 1/3 cup) coconut milk, canned 30-40 ml (3-4 tbsp) lemon juice 32 g (4 tbsp) cornstarch 80 g (7 tbsp) light granulated sweetener (e.g. This Gluten-Free Vegan Lemon Tart has a "buttery", flaky crust and a creamy, tangy lemon custard filling.

Do you think the filling would work with coconut milk (from the can) instead of the silken tofu – I use that in my pumpkin pies?