Call your doctor right away if you have any signs of heart problems such as chest pain, shortness of breath, or fainting while taking Vyvanse. It is not known if Vyvanse is safe and effective for the treatment of obesity. Adverse Reactions Associated with Discontinuation of Treatment in BED Clinical Trials. I literally feel it kick in about an hour after I take it and get a brief surge then but later in the afternoon all I do is yawn and fight to keep my eyes open. The first ADD meds I’ve ever been on. Advise patients to notify their physicians if they are taking, or plan to take, any prescription or over-the-counter drugs because there is a potential for interactions [see Drug Interactions (7.1)]. Discontinue treatment with Vyvanse and any concomitant serotonergic agents immediately if symptoms of serotonin syndrome occur, and initiate supportive symptomatic treatment. After gaining 6 lbs in two weeks on Nuvigil (caused me irregular heart beat and such muscle weakness I could not long run 7 minuets and I was doing 7 miles!) From a pharmacokinetic perspective, no dose adjustment of Vyvanse is necessary when Vyvanse is co-administered with guanfacine, venlafaxine, or omeprazole. Vyvanse is contraindicated in patients with: CNS stimulants (amphetamines and methylphenidate-containing products), including Vyvanse, have a high potential for abuse and dependence. In fact, there seems to be more chatter than usual. I will take a dexedrine to ease that and make the transition more tolerable.

Less commonly reported adverse reactions (less than 1% or less than twice rate of placebo) included increased heart rate, headache, abdominal pain upper, dyspnea, rash, insomnia, irritability, feeling jittery and anxiety.

Advise patients that there is a potential serious cardiovascular risk including sudden death, myocardial infarction, stroke, and hypertension with Vyvanse use. The plasma elimination half-life of lisdexamfetamine typically averaged less than one hour in studies of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in volunteers. Mean effects at all doses were similar; however, the highest dose (70 mg/day) was numerically superior to both lower doses (Study 1 in Table 7). I was diagnosed with ADD back in Nov08 and was put on Vyvanse. Severity of BED was determined based on having at least 3 binge days per week for 2 weeks prior to the baseline visit and on having a Clinical Global Impression Severity (CGI-S) score of ≥4 at the baseline visit. . YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR ASKING OR PROVIDING DRUG OR PARAPHERNALIA SOURCES, whether illegal or legal. Weeks 1 through 4) for which a valid score was obtained. Store at room temperature, 20ºC to 25º C (68ºF to 77º F).

That is a major misconception. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. For Binge Eating Disorder: “Taking Vyvanse for Binge Eating Disorder. Vyvanse capsules can be substituted with Vyvanse chewable tablets on a unit per unit/ mg per mg basis (for example, 30 mg capsules for 30 mg chewable tablet) [see, Patients taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), or within 14 days of stopping MAOIs (including MAOIs such as linezolid or intravenous methylene blue), because of an increased risk of hypertensive crisis, Serotonin syndrome, a potentially life-threatening reaction, may occur when amphetamines are used in combination with other drugs that affect the serotonergic neurotransmitter systems such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), triptans, tricyclic antidepressants, fentanyl, lithium, tramadol, tryptophan, buspirone, and St. John's Wort, Concomitant use of Vyvanse with MAOI drugs is contraindicated. Weeks 1 through 4) for which a valid score was obtained. Clinical studies of Vyvanse did not include sufficient numbers of subjects aged 65 and over to determine whether they respond differently from younger subjects. After many, many unsuccessful weight loss attempts, I'm finally going to resort my my vyvanse script (which I never previously used regularly) on a daily basis to suppress hunger and increase my metabolism in order to lose weight . Dextroamphetamine pharmacokinetic parameters following administration of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in adults exhibited low inter-subject (<25%) and intra-subject (<8%) variability. I like the days it makes the scale go down, but 2 days later it can jump back up 4 pounds.

Dispense in a tight, light-resistant container as defined in the USP. Genetics contribute to ADHD. CNS stimulants, at recommended doses, may cause psychotic or manic symptoms, e.g. I still get restless at times, easily entertained but quickly bored, and am occasionally told I’m talking too quickly..  when I don’t take it though I am still restless but also actually feel stoned in comparison, off in my own  world. It just makes it easier to do so and you will see things a little more clearer to develop the tools and strategies that work for you and your life.

Subjects from both studies on Vyvanse had a statistically significantly greater reduction from baseline in mean number of binge days per week at Week 12. If I'm wrong somebody please correct me :P. I've also lost a bit of weight, around 10 pounds. What drugs interact with Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine)?

YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR IT! After a bad reaction to two weeks on Concerta (which she started with because of a history of anxiety and tics, if that makes any difference) I switched to Vyvanse, increasing dosage every 5 days until I got to 60mg, what I'm on now and what she wants me to stay on. Carcinogenicity studies of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate have not been performed. Administration of 60 mg Vyvanse chewable tablet with food (a high-fat meal) decreases the exposure (Cmax and AUCinf) of dextroamphetamine by about 5% to 7%, and prolongs mean Tmax by approximately 1 hour (from 3.9 hrs at fasted state to 4.9 hours). Weight Loss and Slowing Growth Rate in Pediatric Patients with ADHD. Store Vyvanse in a safe place, like a locked cabinet.